Feeling alone and afraid of hurting myself.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mschris, Aug 10, 2016.

1. mschris

mschris Member

I went to a new outpatient psychiatrist today and he did not even give me a chance to speak before he said it was over, honestly 10 mins max. I have been feeling suicidal ever since. I don't know what to do.
    chiaroscura likes this.
  2. chiaroscura

chiaroscura BestTimePlantTree?100 YearsAgo. NextBestTime?Now. SF Supporter

Well you are safe now. You are in the hands of a huge network of individuals, professionals and volunteers, who will care about you, listen, talk, share, and give you ideas and help as far as words can help. You must feel terrible! Psychiatrists just want that quick turnover and money for scribbling prescriptions. They don't want to hear our suffering and pain. They are like Terminator Machines.

Feeling suicidal is very normal for just about everyone in this forum (way over a million posts have come in here!), so don't let your feelings frighten you and don't listen to their ideas! We KNOW,we live it, but the key word is "live". We stay alive and no temptation can beat us, because we are all connected to each other and we tell the truth and when we feel like that, we yell the equivalent of HELP and we get help right on this forum.

I'm sorry it took 38 minutes for you to get a reply. That is rare, but part of the world is in night right now. I'm at the cutoff time for going to sleep, to control my neurotransmitters which are badly damaged from some meds. But I want to reach out invisibly and hold your hand and even hug you thru the inter-verse.

What to do is, first, if you can't control your urge, call by phone for help. It's better to get tangled up a bit with that stuff than to not get help and have something happen to you. If you have any counselor, therapist, etc, try to get in to see them ASAP tomorrow morning. Or try a new one. Just try to talk to a professional if you can. Until then, stay with us as much as you can or want. Click on FORUM and pick a forum about suicide and see how people here keep it away. The stories you will read are incredible. Then feel free to write on any thread. Eventually some people will come and begin talking with you, but please don't leave us if it takes a bit. Being night in Europe knocks out most of our professionals. But hang on, can you?

Even this post, someone will hopefully see that it's here, and come to reassure you and help you hold on. If it's night, can you go to sleep to pass the time till tomorrow?

I just want you to know I care very very much about you right now, and so will the other wonderful sufferers on this forum, whose problems are so much like yours. By staying together, we find unusual strength to say no to the Very Bad Idea that tempts us in times of stress and disappointment like you lived through today. I'm so sorry that happened to you.. So stay with us, okay? Please!

And do tell us more about yourself, if you feel up to it. Maybe sleep would be better.

You are safe now, "home" now, and you will always remember the lucky day you came to us, and we will always remember the lucky day you came to us. You are precious to us. Eat something or drink something warm and sweet, try to sleep, and see how things go. Someone will be along soon. Reading the forums will make you feel even more at home. Hang on. Help is here. Love, Chia
  3. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hi, I am Mox

First and foremost if you feel like you are in danger of hurting yourself ; please go to the closest ER and get the help you need.

Thank you for joining SF. Our goal here is to keep you safe. No one will harass you or insult you ; that behavior is not tolerated here at SF.

What's going on with you? The more you share the more we can help.

How long have you been feeling suicidal? Any idea what caused these feelings? How often are you having these feelings?
    you mentioned you saw a psyiatrist? Are you seeing a counselor? If you are feeling like you are suicidal then seeing a counselor is probably a good idea.

Plus add anything else you think it is in important and why.

Take Care
    chiaroscura likes this.
  4. chiaroscura

Mox, I'm so glad you stepped in. Somehow this thread landed where it wasn't seen much and didn't get the normal # of replies, but maybe it was due to it being night time in the UK. I know that our new friend mschris will learn how much love there is here, along with wise and firm guidance, first priority being to keep her safe and alive, and just arms to hold her, and so what if they're invisible arms. When our eyes are closed in tears, we can't even see the real arms around us. So invisible hugs are almost as good. You gave such great guidance. MsChris, Mox is VERY EXPERIENCED as you can tell by what is written under a person's avatar, and very well-liked here. Mox is a good friend who will give great suggestions and care immensely.
  5. chiaroscura

MsChris, DO listen to Mox. Go to an ER if you get into a dangerous feeling of possible harm. That is STEP ONE. Or call 911 and they will come to you. I am watching for you to write back and tell us you are okay and learn more about you and what is going on in your life. Are you okay? I care so much.