FEELING ALONE

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Tom.p, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom.p

Tom.p Member

Hi all I know it has been a while since I was here but ive not been well I have been having more regular thoughts of self harm and have became a lot more secluded from my own family now and I am also oushing the girl who loves me away by lying to her I hate myself for how I am being at the min but it makes me feel secure if that makes any sense I have turned to drink heavily now a bottle or three of jack a day or his friend jim I cant stand this nomore I feel like I have lost my grip on reality and that there is someone out there to hurt me the help I was getting seems to have come to a stand still and now I just feel like shit sorry guys I know this is a hard read but it is honestly the only way I can say it thanks tom

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Tom, I would definitely advise against drinking, it will make you feel worse and even more depressed. I'm sorry things aren't going to well with your girlfriend, may I ask why you are lying to her and pushing her away? And are you seeing a professional? I am always around if you need someone to talk to. SH and suicide will never solve anything. You need to get your head straight again,, give up the jack and get free of this dreaded illness! I am so sorry you are feeling the way you are but so glad you have decided to come on here and talk about it. That is a step in the right direction :)

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Drinking that heavily is why you feel you have lost your grip on reality- because you have. When in a chronic impaired state it is impossible to feel like you are in touch and in control because you are not. It is a devastating condition that ruins many lives but it is also one that has a simple, if extremely difficult (particularly at first) answer. Once the drinking issue is gone then you will have more time then you want or need (which is why the drinking usually takes over) to address whatever issues there are. Sadly solving those issues is not nearly as easy as drinking them away , however in the end it is the only way to find actual happiness or contentment of any type. Life improves only when problems are solved or dealt with as opposed to avoided or hidden. I do wish you luck and hope you find help to get started on addressing the drinking and other issues so you can have a chance a things getting better ((hugs))

4. Tom.p

Tom.p Member

thank you to you both I know the drinking isn't helping and I am trying to cut it out completely but it is a hard step and with my girlfriend im lying with whats going on I don't talk to her about how I feel and how my head is feeling or anything and my emotions just aint there I don't know why but there not thank you for your kind words I hope I will get the help I need and be on the right path again shortly but for now it seems un likely tom

2 people like this.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It may seem unlikely now Tom but you must stay positive. It is very possible that you can open up to her and kick the booze to the curb with help of course. If I was you I would see a professional about the suicidal thoughts and depression and alcohol abuse, they will set you in the right direction, on the road to recovery. You might hate your life right now but remember it is not permanent. Believe in yourself, have faith in yourself and be the best person you can be and know you have us here for support at anytime day or night! ((hugs))

2 people like this.
  6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I do believe you can make progress and get things to improve if for not other reason then because you are here and admitting there are issues that need solving or answers. It will not be easy, and it may seem impossible some days, but steady effort and counting successes is what will make you successful. Count the small successes instead of counting the failures. Going a single day or evening (or waiting 2 hours longer) without drinking is a success that matters. Answering truthfully this time is a success. Don't keep dwelling on the negative, look for and take credit for the successes and you will start to see and believe that success is possible and can happen. Give yourself credit for every success as diligently as you blame yourself for every failure and you will start to see possibilities in the future because you will learn that you can be successful and it is not hopeless.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

7. sofie

sofie Banned Member

Sometimes it is so hard to see the small successes when there are huge failures in the way, but what you say is important to remember. I do not have a problem with alcohol but rely heavily on weed--need to remember this little tidbit the next time I want to light up.....so, later today :(

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.