feeling ashamed

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sadhart, Jan 19, 2012.

1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Sorry to post again, but I was looking at someone on youtube and i feel so ashamed because she's got her shit together. she's in school and works full time and will be going to graduate school soon. and me....i have no job and i don't know when i'll be able to finish college. i had a relative a week or so ago totally pull a guilt trip on me which i guess he thought was tough love, but what he failed to realize is that im not some shallow selfish freeloader kicking my feet up all day. he wanted me to write to him....i guess a poem or a sample short story. but no, im going to give him a piece of my mind and let him know that his words offended me and that if blood is so damn important than he should have approached me in a considerate way instead of making a bunch of one sided assumptions.

but still...i have my own expectations and i feel like crap for not meeting them. i really hate my life. sorry if none of this made sense.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know how you feel, it seems like everyone my age is married, has kids and a successful career...and I don't, even though I want to. But if you keep working towards your goals and believe that you can get what you want out of life, then it will happen. Good for you that you're going to tell your relative off for talking down to you. You shouldn't take crap from anybody, even family, because they will continue to walk on you if you let it happen. It's hard to stand up for yourself but it really is worth it.

3. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

yeah thanks, i appreciate that. I'm almost done writing this to him, but I'm nervous because I don't want to be outright angry, but I want to get the point across that some of what he said was a load of crap.

4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I hope you go to him without much anger, of course you can be upset <- that's a normal emotion everyone feels. I don't think your post was that messy, and it's alright to feel what your feeling. I hope your day gets better :hug:

Trevor,