Feeling bad - what's new?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Jeserai, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeserai

Jeserai Well-Known Member

A couple of days now I feel depressed again. Have no concentration to study, don't want to do anything, diffucult to do the household etc.
    Yesterday I saw my doctor but I said I didn't want to change the meds. I know I should have a higher dose. But I'm scared. When I started with these meds I got suicidal for a week. I was really close to doing it. I'm scared that if I higher up my meds I wil get suicidal again. Even though I know after that I will feel better because the meds will work.
    My doctor is on vacation now. My psych is also on vacation. don't really know how I will get through this time allright.
    I've had so mutch therapy, I should know better by now :'(

2. roscho

roscho Well-Known Member

Jeserai,

Often doctors have a referral service that manages their patients while they're out of touch. Is that a possibility? Are you pretty certain that you need a higher dose, or just grasping at possibilities?

3. Jeserai

I really need a higher dose. I've changed from meds and I'm still at starting dose right now. But I didn't dare to higher the dose... scared to get suicidal again. But now I'm also thinking of taking all the pills in the house (which are really a lot), so what have I got to loose? Hmmz.
    Maybe, when I still feel like this monday I will call the doctor that takes over the shift of my own doctor.
    I should go to bed with my sleepingpills right now. I don't want to OD on the other pills. I don't want to die. I just don't want to live this way.
    Maybe, when I go to sleep with my sleepingpills, tomorrow I will have new strenght for the day...

4. roscho

roscho Well-Known Member

Jeserai, You are my champion. You have come up with a good plan on your own.

Don't take more than you're prescribed - take a sleep. Fight again tomorrow.

Thank you champion.

5. Jeserai

Thanks Roscho for your reply on me. Means a lot to me.
    I've slept well, allthough I had a lot of nightmares and I woke up exhausted.
    Today, new day.
    I've allready studied a little and listened some music.
    But it's hard to get through the day...

6. roscho

roscho Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to get some rest. Its a new day and you've already knocked out some studies.

Do what you can, then rest. Do what you can, then rest. Do what you can, then rest.

Before you know it, you'll be talking to your Dr about an adjustment.

Do what you can, then rest.

7. Jeserai

Today I've done some more study. Not mutch, but a little. I didn't call the doctor. I feel ashamed. I was with my own doctor last thursday and than now I should call for a doctor? Why didn't I say anything to my own doctor when I had the chance? Too bad for me, now I should wait untill she is back from vacation. My own fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.