Feeling cold detachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
I always have this sensation whenever I am seriously and imminently suicidal, feeling as if I am utterly separate from the world. I have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow but I don't know what he can do to help me, when I've reached the end of the road, and indeed I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to go.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Sorry having such a bad time. I do understand what you mean and have been there many times myself. The reason I would suggest that it is worth it to keep going is because that feeling does also go away. The only time we do not think it goes away or will ever be different is while we are in it. Then we convince ourselves it does not matter and it will come back again etc etc -- but the truth is the depression lies and makes us feel like that is all there ever is. The fact you know it is different means it is a temporary state that will change and things will get better and you have felt better before so know how to beat it again this time. You can beat it this time too- and i hope when it does get better it stays better and and you are able to feel happiness and joy again and see the reasons that are eluding you right now.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
Thank you for your response. I understand what you're saying but I feel so exhausted that I really don't know if I can drag myself through it again. My psychiatrist has added some meds in today and has made me promise to try and keep myself safe but as soon as I'm alone it seems impossible.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Give the meds a chance ok you can hold on stay here we will help you ok i know it feels like an end of the road but with help your doc you can find another path ok it will happen

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Thank you for your response. I understand what you're saying but I feel so exhausted that I really don't know if I can drag myself through it again. My psychiatrist has added some meds in today and has made me promise to try and keep myself safe but as soon as I'm alone it seems impossible.
I hope the new meds make things a little better and easier- if they do not let them know and find something that does. If being alone is the issue and you cant be with people in real life spend more time here reading /writing/ and replying or perhaps in chat and find a person or two that you can connect with and have a conversation with.

Take Care and Be Safe
- Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00