Feeling desperate

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Butterfly, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Trying to keep my mind as active as possible. Was just out walking and just felt so agitated. Now I am home I just want to cry, but full of rage. I don't know what to do. Literally, do not know what to do with myself.

2. Butterfly

Phoned psych but he's not back until tomorrow. Feeling rather desperate.

3. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

Food for thought from a kindred spirit-what should you do with yourself when your heart is full of rage and all you want to do is cry? First-cry yourself out-get all of that physical energy out of your system. Then think seriously about the thing(s) that makes you so angry-then understand that you have a very powerful ally on your side against that enemy . . . you have the freedom to choose for yourself how you feel about any person or situation that makes you angry. As long as you are willing to give that thing or person your mental and emotional energy-it wins and you lose. Don't give people or situations that amount of power over you-you can't choose what happens to you in your life, but you can decide how you feel about what happens to you. No matter what anyone tries to take away from you-they can never steal your thoughts, that is unless you allow them to. Don't make that mistake-take your power back and take ownership over your own destiny :)

4. NinaZ

NinaZ Active Member

You're not alone, Butterfly, that's what typically happens to me - fits of slowly escalating emotional rage.
    I don't want to pry and apologies to all the gentlemen on the forum but really my rage issues stem from a monthly hormonal imbalance (PMDD), but do you know why it happens to you?

5. Butterfly

Thanks for the replies guys. I have Bipolar and I am having a mixed mood episode right now. I was able to contact my GP who referred me to the crisis team. I spoke with them for a while and have also got some diazepam to help keep my agitation at bay.