Feeling discouraged

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hybrid Theory, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Active Member

That's it, if I'm not feeling any better <Mod Edit - Acy - Timeline> I'm just giving up and giving in to it.

Voices scaring the shit outta me, panic attacks every day, crying for no reason at inappropriate times, finding no reason to get out of bed every day. It has got to stop. I can't concentrate on anything, can't eat, can't do anything right. I'm losing all my friends and everything. I just don't see any other way out.

<Mod Edit - Acy - Timeline>
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, Hybrid Theory (great name, btw!)

I am sad to hear that you feel so distressed right now. It must be very frightening to hear voices and upsetting to have such a low energy and mood level.

Are you seeing a counselor/therapist/doctor? Have you been put on any meds and did they work in the past? Is there anything extra stressful going on these days that have made things worse?

I really hope you stay safe. Please keep us updated about how you are doing. :hug:
  3. Ang

Ang Member

I'd like to offer you some (((hugs))) for now. I hope you get some releif and can work through all this.
  4. Neverland

Neverland Member

Hey you :D !
    Story time:
    A few years ago I had a long period were I had suicidal tendencies. I wouldn't eat for days because I didn't feel like it. I would have rage outbreaks for no reason with my beloved ones accusing them of my problems and I would inflict physical harm to people; even myself.
    I felt like everyone would look through me since I lived day after day as if I wouldn't mean anything to anyone. It made me angry. I got involved in drugs (POD and cocaine) telling myself It was the best way out of my own life.
    I realised that I had a serious problem, the day I caught myself cutting silently my arm in the middle of my classroom with a broken pen just to draw atention and to know if someone would really bother if I did.
    Then I started to log in to this forum, even though I did irregularly, and started to read these posts of people who was about to give up, just like me. I even wrote a post.
    A few months later I told my mother how I felt, what I did with the pen and that I intended to do it again if my agony wouldn't stop. I told her about the drugs I did in my freetime and by the time I should have been in school. I just sat down with her to talk.
    My life has changed since then.
    I just (let's say) timed it right to get myself on the right track before I could harm myself even more.

Since that day, I've moved and changed the highschool. I've managed to graduate with one of the best grades of my year. I even dare to say that I changed so much that I turned out to be one of the most popular students.

As the day of today, I'm studying Electronics and Telecomunication and I have a great job to pay of my car and the college. My relationship with my siblings and my mum is better than ever. I'm thankfull for the day that has been given to me to sit at one table with my mother and talk about everything.

I understand that you could consider that you have no friends or family to talk about your problems like I did with my mother, because you think they don't understand you and they don't know what you're going through. Still though, if that last one is your case, give yourself a chance and talk with us. It's not a chance being given to us, but to you. To prove yourself life can be beautiful. It's a chance to look back at your past in a near future and say that you've grown stronger out of this. It's a chance to live a wonderful life, just if you let yourself live.

Even though it might be the case that you don't read this or you're not able to comprehend what I mean with these words since the only thing you can feel right now is pain, I hope it did light a spark of happiness inside you, that can be lit on fire someday.

PS: consider yourself hugged. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.