Feeling down again-new to forum

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by DEEpression101, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEEpression101

DEEpression101 New Member

Hi - I am new to the forum - here is my situation - i am looking to find someone that can relate & speak to me about my suicidal feelings. I have been feeling this way since I was 12 years old and I am now in my late 20's. It stems from my father - being strict my whole life - always putting me down - telling me everything i do is wrong - its still the same until this day. Its just like I want to get away from all this verbal abuse - its affecting me a great deal for a long time now. I wanted to seek therapy, but i do not have enough time in my day to attend appts as I work & have all these other personal things going on. Trust me I would love to go & get help. My support system is the person I am currently with. He helps me out alot, but if he gets mad at me over something - he completely shuts down & does not speak to me for days, which does not help me either, as my father used to be the same way to my mother & it makes me angry & feel like no one is ever there for me. My family is always out for themselves & are so negative...I dont want to be like them. My mother is the only one that is different supports me. I probably think about suicide about 3-4 times per month. I just try to keep busy & its not working. Can someone please respond if you have any good advise or if you can relate to my situation ??

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Firstly - welcome to the forum :smile:

I'm sorry about the way your Dad treated you.

I'm not sure if I can be of any help to you or not as I have never really been through this but if you would like to talk please feel free to PM me :hug:

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

:welcome:

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your father being overly strict with you as a child. It is good that you have a support person. You say you would love to seek help but you don't have the time. It is a matter of prioritizing what is truly important. If you really want the help you will find or make the time. You may have to give up some social time, or occasionally take some time off of work if possible. I know many people with full time jobs, children to look after, and social engagements, yet they make time to do what is necessary to get extra help. I don't wish to sound mean, but not having time sounds like an avoidance measure to me. Sacrifices sometimes have to be made for things that are more important. If you miss out on some social time, it won't hurt anything in the long run. Not seeking support or extra help can be harmful in the long run. The choice in your hands. You have to decide.

5. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :smile:

I'm sure that by posting and reading existing threads you will find people to support you and to share experiences with.

Take care
    :hug:

6. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome: to SF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.