Feeling faint after cutting?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Blackness, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Last night I spoke to someone on SF, and they helped I thought I was ok.

But I just got worse. I saw a knife on the bench..so I started cutting. I couldn't feel the pain..it felt good and I could feel the anger boiling up inside me...I could have cut my arm off I swear I was so enraged!:mad:

The weird thing is immediately after it I felt like i was going to faint or vomit.. I was really pale and had to lay down.

Does anyone feel this weird after hurting themself? or I am just odd...

2. One who listens..

One who listens.. Well-Known Member

Its from either the pain, which your mind repressed through either adrenaline or anger, but you still felt the effects of it.

Either that or blood less which is even worse. And it may have been a psychological reaction to what you did to yourself, and the guilt or feelings it could provoke in you.

3. kindtosnails

kindtosnails Staff Alumni

I've felt like that. I don't think you're just odd. Could be blood loss, or shock but for the most part we're not medical professionals and we can't see you so we can't tell you. I'd go see a doctor if you still feel bad or if you're worried at all.

4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

seeing a doctor is out of the question for me.:mellow:

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Seeing a doctor would be a really good idea... like kindtosnails has said... it's probably blood loss, or shock. If it's shock, then that could potentially get really bad..

TDM

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

It wasn't blood lose. Must have been shock..which I can get over i guess, thanks for replies.

7. //x/forgottonemo/x//

//x/forgottonemo/x// Well-Known Member

sometimes before when ive done it ive felt drowsy & really dizzy

8. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

sometimes i do feel abit faint
    sometimes it cus i hold my breath whilst i cut. i dont even know why. i didnt realise straight away...

9. Flight

Flight Well-Known Member

It was shock. It happens to one of my friends if they so much as stub their toe.

Here's a little first aid lesson: Lay down, elevate your feet a little (under a pillow or whatever) and elevate your head as well.

Be careful because you could get quick waves of nausea and you *will* puke if you don't lie down. Of course, you will probably feel a huge need to lie down, so just follow your impulse.

Just concentrate on breathing steadily and it should pass after a little while. If you start to feel better - then you probably are!

You can provoke shock by examining your cuts too intently, or by seeing too much blood. Just lay down and breathe, bottom line. Don't think about your injury. Keep it out of sight, or wrapped. Yes, I've been trained in first aid. It was a few years ago though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.