Feeling fat all the time

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by A Box of Chocolates, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Box of Chocolates

A Box of Chocolates Active Member

Hey I'm new and I'm not really suicidal, however I used to be. I'm 14 years old and I'm a male. I'm in 9th grade and went to highschool coming from a very small school into a larger highschool. Well, during 8th grade I was 5' 10" and about 210 lbs. Over the summer I started working out and went on a strict diet by now I am 5' 11", 170 lbs, and 24.6% body fat. But now days I just freak out about food. When I walk in public I feel like everyone is looking at me and saying things, when I eat afterwards I feel very depressed and almost guilty. Sometimes I resort to hurting myself to keep my mind off food, I don't cut but I will usually hit my head into something or punch something just anything that will keep my mind on the pain instead of food. I feel so fat all the time but people say I don't look THAT fat but I feel like I can't trust them. I haven't just ever stopped eating for long periods of time but often I do 3 days without eating. Almost all day I think about how fat I am or what I ate. I can't just be comfortable in my own body anymore. I get myself very depressed. Sorry this may seem stupid. This also plays a big role in my social life. I haven't had a relationship with a girl (not counting a good friend who I kissed once). It's hard for me to talk to girls because I'm so self conscious I feel fat and stupid around them. I just need some help on what to do I feel like I have no way out of this nasty body I'm in.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Just eat healthy foods and exercise a lot and you should be ok.

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Your ideal weight for your height, age, etc, is about 167 lbs, so you're pretty much in the healthy range, if you still feel fat, try jogging or something. :)

4. A Box of Chocolates

A Box of Chocolates Active Member

In PE my teacher said I needed to be down to 160 and with 20 or 19 pct body fat. It seems like I can't lose it though. Well I guess I'll just continue and try not to obsess. I've just been busy lately, transferring schools, working, and friend issues so I haven't got to work out much.

Thanks people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.