Feeling Funny

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Briezy, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Briezy

Briezy Well-Known Member

It has been about a week of feeling really good and then it all went down hill. I am in this funny state right now where I can't decide if i am suicidal, anxious, or just down. Maybe it is a combination of all of these or maybe it is nothing. I don't know what to do with these feelings and I really don't want them to turn into anything serious!

2. electricalanomaly

electricalanomaly too sad to say hi.

Hey so we all have bad days right? Sleep on it and hopefully in the morning it'll be a better day when you wake up.

3. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Maybe try working through the feelings? I know for myself I don't pay any attention to them most of the time.... but if you're not sure what to do with them maybe you just need to examine and accept them (just accept you have them, not advocating acting on anything). Does that make any sense? Sorry if it doesn't!

electricalanomaly likes this.
  4. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

Did this feeling happen in one day? Maybe don't jump to conclusions about it just yet. You could just simply be tired. Or just take a moment to reflect about it. I can understand your worry about negative thoughts coming into your mind, but constantly worrying about that can have the same effect.

5. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

Just to clarify what I meant before, I meant I have the feelings but try to ignore what they are about, this doesn't help because I still feel terrible. Maybe accepting them and letting yourself feel them is better. Sorry to ramble.

6. Briezy

Briezy Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. The feelings were still there today and basically just got worse. I feel like crying tonight and really just want to go to bed its only 7 here but I think I am just going to sleep. Thanks everyone

7. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I hope you were able to sleep okay. I hate those funny feelings that you just can't put a description to. I usually just say it's an "off day" and I try to just keep busy and distract myself. Sometimes the urge to cry just hits me and I never fight it. When my bf asks me what's wrong, I can't always describe it so I say "I'm just letting out stress." We both realize that means I have no clue and it's a way to release the anxiety.

8. Briezy

Briezy Well-Known Member

Today was another weird day. Felt a lot of tension today in addition to the other things.

9. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Tension as in stress or muscular? You know, my doctors told me that because I had such high levels of stress, I produced too much cortisol which made my body weak and I was always achy, sore and brittle. It also raises your blood pressure so lots of times you get even more anxiety.

Can you do anything to relax, like stretching or taking a hot bath or something like that?

10. Briezy

Briezy Well-Known Member

Both, Frances, I have had so much stress that it is making me tense muscularly. I took a hot bath and then cold shower to try and snap out of it but it didn't help.

11. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I'm sorry you're going through that...I hope it's something temporary. When I was on all sorts of meds, I was basically a zombie, I didn't feel much. Maybe it could be your meds doing it?