Feeling Good

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Domo, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I've been feeling good for 3 days in a row now and wanted to share :stars:

I am not sure if it is related to my latest med increase. I kind of hope it is because then if i just keep taking my meds i can stay this way. Then continue to work on things in therapy.

Only about three weeks ago i couldn't see myself getting out of this. I was feeling more unstable then ever and was thinking maybe i needed to go to hospital. But i pushed through and now here i am feeling great in comparison.

To be honest i am terrified of the thought that i could go back to how i was. For as long as i can remember i have been depressed. After 24 years it was wearing thin. But i am just trying to enjoy this while i can. Trying to look at the positives.

I know i am far from where i need to be. But i finally feel like i am in the right headspace to make some real progress in therapy.

I really hope this has gone into remission. Please, please let me stay feeling this way.

I guess i just wanted to share this to give you hope that things can and do get better. I hope you can all find relief, if only temporary, like i have been able to now.
  2. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Good to hear! :cool:

Even if the feeling does go away (hopefully not too soon), just remember that happiness always comes back. It never goes away forever, even when it feels like it will. :)
  3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Thank you, Things.

I am not so sure i could call this happiness. More like, just an ease of symptoms that is allowing me to have hope and see positivity where i was unable to before.

However a good start and i am hopeful it is leading me towards one day being able to be happy :)
  4. Michael Ayin

Michael Ayin Well-Known Member

I'm also hoping my state will not regress. I can't say I'm "happy" but my severe depression has subsided.

Yeah, it's an eerie thought about going back to the way you were. I'm still struggling with that myself.

Whatever works for you for the better, use it.
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I think the one thing i have to be careful of, is sabotaging myself.

I am not sure how common it is, but i kind of like being depressed. Well i mean, it's torture, but at the same time, it opens doorways in my mind that are not there when i am ok. And it probably sounds a bit crazy but i wanted to see where they went. Probably no where good, but there is a part of me that feels curious about it.

To live a 'normal' life, is not the most appealing thing ever. I kinda thought i'd be able to go to other worlds one day. However i think when i am happy, i won't have these thoughts and that a 'normal life' will suffice, fill the emptiness.

At least i hope so or i am kind of screwed.

I'm not sure if that made any sense.
  6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I am grateful you have found some relief Domo. I know it was needed. Blessings..
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Glad to hear that you're making progress Domo. :laugh: