Feeling guilty and embarrassed.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Rival, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Rival

Rival Member

I'm feeling terrible right now. I am an addicted to cocaine and have been struggling with that for many years now. I have a supportive family who does everything for me. Besides my addiction I have depression which makes everything much worse.

I cant stand being a liar anymore. I'm so full of being a selfish ****. But I cant find a goal in life. Sometginf to live for and overcome this addiction.

For now its that. I just wanted to write something. I'm in an airport going home. Visited my sister this past week.
  2. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

How do you plan to fight it?
  3. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I just talked with a guy in person who always seems to talk about how he was wronged, and I always tell him how rough he is, and I got the sense somewhere along the way that he was addicted to pity, and I thought for some reason that everyone is like that. Sorry that was awfully obtuse of me. Just an awful response to what you are going through. I ought to have been more empathetic.

What I wanted to say is that seems to be such a difficult situation. From what I understand cocaine is a terrible drug, it makes people do things they would never do. I can tell you're a good person because you feel anguish, you wouldn't feel that if you didn't love your family. What do you love about your family? tell them. And tell them what you are going through, tell them about your cravings. I know this doesn't compare really but I recently quit smoking ciggarretes, and every time I wanted to buy them, I told my dad about it, and it helped me not go to the store.