feeling guilty for being depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Do other people get this way? People who have been through horrible depressed states and are feeling better may tell you have to fight through it by setting boundaries for yourself and taking control of your life. But how can I focus on that? I feel guilty right now for being unable to fight depression. I haven't gone outside for three days and I feel helpless. Others have fought back and accomplished things. I've done nothing and feel like nothing.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

And so goes the vicious cycle of depression. I feel guilty about everything. And I think about suicide always. Then I feel guilty for wanting to end it. And on and on and on. It's not you, it's the depression. It's alright to feel guilty, but don't act on that guilt. Trust me, I know. It will eat you up if you let it. Allow yourself that guilty moment, but then try to move on to another feeling. Be it good or bad, but don't stay at the guilt. It is one of the worst feelings our depression allows us. You can talk to me whenever you feel guilty. Maybe I can help you move to another feeling. Or whatever you're feeling for that matter. Just talking to someone can be a great help in fighting those guilty feelings and the low bouts of our depession. The guilt can feel like it is ruling your life, but show it that it isn't!!!! I've read many of your posts and your are stronger than you think. Hang on and good luck.

3. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Those words mean so much to me. I'm feeling worse than when I wrote that post, but I know you are right, and I really appreciate you helping me. Thank you!!

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

If it would help, mail me anytime you need to experss your feelings of guilt or any other feelings. Just writing them to someone can be a big load off your shoulders. Maybe between the 2 of us, we can help you find a way through this. I may not be online when you need me but I will always have a reply for you. Even if it is something you might not want to hear:biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.