Feeling guilty for feeling bad

sadhart

SF Supporter
I tried opening up to someone about the hurt I'm feeling. I didn't feel very understood. One person came off as if my feelings of hopelessness is some kind of insult to God. I don't know...maybe it is. Either way, I feel bad for feeling this way.

SamIAm

I tried opening up to someone about the hurt I'm feeling. I didn't feel very understood. One person came off as if my feelings of hopelessness is some kind of insult to God. I don't know...maybe it is. Either way, I feel bad for feeling this way.
Yea I certainly get it. Your feelings are just as valid as everyone else’s. When you’re feeling bad as all fuck you don’t need someone saying it’s an insult to God. Sorry that happened. Keep reaching out to others. There are a lot of people that can relate to how you are feeling. Hoping you find some peace today. Take care of yourself.

sadhart

SF Supporter
Yea I certainly get it. Your feelings are just as valid as everyone else’s. When you’re feeling bad as all fuck you don’t need someone saying it’s an insult to God. Sorry that happened. Keep reaching out to others. There are a lot of people that can relate to how you are feeling. Hoping you find some peace today. Take care of yourself.
Thank you. I'm trying to keep moving forward but it often feels in vain.

SamIAm

Thank you. I'm trying to keep moving forward but it often feels in vain.
HeyI feel the same way sometimes. All I know is that the alternative to keep trying and reaching out to others does not look so great to me you know?? I wouldn’t feel bad if the other person doesn’t even try to understand you. I’m hoping you can talk more about what’s making you feel so bad. Hopefully you can find some more empathetic people to open up too for support. I hope your day gets better and you can always talk to me.

sadhart

SF Supporter
HeyI feel the same way sometimes. All I know is that the alternative to keep trying and reaching out to others does not look so great to me you know?? I wouldn’t feel bad if the other person doesn’t even try to understand you. I’m hoping you can talk more about what’s making you feel so bad. Hopefully you can find some more empathetic people to open up too for support. I hope your day gets better and you can always talk to me.
I appreciate that. I'm trying to be kind to myself for the weekend. I don't want to worry too much about the things bothering me. Of course this is easier said than done, but I want to try to just be selfish and do for myself for now.

sadhart

SF Supporter
Some people are maybe too focused on religious ideology. Or they don't know what to say, so they just come up with something.

Please don't feel bad about feeling bad if you can
In recovery I sometimes hear people say that it's okay to say that you are not okay. And I try to remember that. Yesterday I was not okay at work. I almost felt like just walking off but I didn't. I want to try to enjoy this weekend off from work. I'm hurting right now though and so that's hard. Sorry for sounding so negative.

SamIAm

I appreciate that. I'm trying to be kind to myself for the weekend. I don't want to worry too much about the things bothering me. Of course this is easier said than done, but I want to try to just be selfish and do for myself for now.
Hey sadhart I hope you are being selfish this weekend and you are just taking care of you.I stopped taking problems home from work a long time ago. You only have to work with those morons, not live with them. As you said, don’t worry about those things and just keep being kind to yourself. Treat yourself to something fun this weekend. Ice cream maybe? I’m sure things work will work out for you. I’m thinking of you and hope your Saturday is amazingly peaceful 😄

sadhart

SF Supporter
Hey sadhart I hope you are being selfish this weekend and you are just taking care of you.I stopped taking problems home from work a long time ago. You only have to work with those morons, not live with them. As you said, don’t worry about those things and just keep being kind to yourself. Treat yourself to something fun this weekend. Ice cream maybe? I’m sure things work will work out for you. I’m thinking of you and hope your Saturday is amazingly peaceful 😄
I'm sorry for being negative but it's not so much just people at work. it's other things that I'm trying to come to some kind of terms with. This is going to sound stupid but I just read how some youtuber who was 19 and married with two kids and a baby on the way took his own life. And i'm trying to have empathy and sympathy but it's a bit frustrating. I want to understand the pain he was in but it's hard.

Anyway, sorry for continuing to be negative. Thank you for reaching out.

SamIAm

I'm sorry for being negative but it's not so much just people at work. it's other things that I'm trying to come to some kind of terms with. This is going to sound stupid but I just read how some youtuber who was 19 and married with two kids and a baby on the way took his own life. And i'm trying to have empathy and sympathy but it's a bit frustrating. I want to understand the pain he was

Anyway, sorry for continuing to be negative. Thank you for reaching out.
You can rant all you want. It helps me to do so when I feel the need. I don’t think you’re negative at all. Yea I read that about the you-tube guy. I find it very sad. Cause now you got young babies without a father. And I personally find it extremely sad whenever anyone finds life unbearable to the point where they feel it necessary to end their own life. No matter how down I get I’m still not finding ending my life to be the only way out. Not that I haven’t been there. But there are some in this world that can’t find 1 thing to live for and to me that’s just sad. I volunteer at a homeless shelter and the people I’ve met and the stories I’ve heard are horrendous. We basically offer food, shelter and hope. We see a lot of the same people over and over and I’m really happy to see them hanging in there. There’s a lot of success stories too with people using our job training and us helping them find a home. But there’s also stories of people who felt they couldn’t hang on. It always feels like a battle lost, a personal defeat. And I just feel really sad about this. I hope you’re doing better today and that your weekend is going well. I’m thinking of you today. Please take good care of yourself

sadhart

SF Supporter
Hey, it's ok. You're just saying the truth about what you are feeling. That's what SF is for.
I'm sorry as I wish I could say I feel better but I can't. This has just been a painfully overwhelming weekend. I feel so much stress and heartache and pain and it never stops. I don't think I can keep going on any longer.

sadhart

SF Supporter
You can rant all you want. It helps me to do so when I feel the need. I don’t think you’re negative at all. Yea I read that about the you-tube guy. I find it very sad. Cause now you got young babies without a father. And I personally find it extremely sad whenever anyone finds life unbearable to the point where they feel it necessary to end their own life. No matter how down I get I’m still not finding ending my life to be the only way out. Not that I haven’t been there. But there are some in this world that can’t find 1 thing to live for and to me that’s just sad. I volunteer at a homeless shelter and the people I’ve met and the stories I’ve heard are horrendous. We basically offer food, shelter and hope. We see a lot of the same people over and over and I’m really happy to see them hanging in there. There’s a lot of success stories too with people using our job training and us helping them find a home. But there’s also stories of people who felt they couldn’t hang on. It always feels like a battle lost, a personal defeat. And I just feel really sad about this. I hope you’re doing better today and that your weekend is going well. I’m thinking of you today. Please take good care of yourself
I want to say that I appreciate you for reaching out like you have, but I'm sorry because I don't think I can continue going on anymore. I feel so much pain and it's not going away. More so, I cannot keep trying to move forward feeling like this. I keep thinking about the last time I found myself in a hospital and how it was nothing but 18 days basically doing nothing, while a the same time, life was still going on without me. Bills still needed to be paid. Rent was still due. And someone had already replaced me at work. I would watch the local news in the morning and seeing them talk about events in the area that even if I had wanted to go I couldn't. Then there were the nurses and staff in the hospital talking about their plans for the weekend and the upcoming holidays. This one day, one of the doctors treated the staff to hamburgers. Don't remember what we ate that day but it sure as hell wasn't burgers.

I'm rambling like this because not only is there no real help for me, but I see no hope either. It feels inevitable that I may end up in that hospital again or some other hellhole. So I feel I need to finally just find the strength to give up. I'm sorry for talking this way.

SamIAm

I want to say that I appreciate you for reaching out like you have, but I'm sorry because I don't think I can continue going on anymore. I feel so much pain and it's not going away. More so, I cannot keep trying to move forward feeling like this. I keep thinking about the last time I found myself in a hospital and how it was nothing but 18 days basically doing nothing, while a the same time, life was still going on without me. Bills still needed to be paid. Rent was still due. And someone had already replaced me at work. I would watch the local news in the morning and seeing them talk about events in the area that even if I had wanted to go I couldn't. Then there were the nurses and staff in the hospital talking about their plans for the weekend and the upcoming holidays. This one day, one of the doctors treated the staff to hamburgers. Don't remember what we ate that day but it sure as hell wasn't burgers.

I'm rambling like this because not only is there no real help for me, but I see no hope either. It feels inevitable that I may end up in that hospital again or some other hellhole. So I feel I need to finally just find the strength to give up. I'm sorry for talking this way.
I’m sad as hell reading this and I feel and hear your pain. Did the hospital help at all? Did you think all the nurses and doctors had a great life going on? I used to think everyone in the world had a great life except me and then I was invited to volunteer at a local homeless shelter. People from all walks of life, professionals, what have you. It really put things in perspective for me. People who used to practice medicine now without a roof over their head. I have to believe everyone has issues at one time or another. Do you have any hobbies? Does music relax you? Do you meditate at all? Do you walk/run at all? I’m hoping you don’t do anything to harm yourself. It’s always your choice but did you look at the alternatives? I guess I don’t know what country you are from and how you can access outpatient therapy but have you tried it? I’m reading a book this weekend about a young guy who went fishing with a buddy at night and he got mauled by a bear. Had his face chewed off and now he’s blind. Really sad story but the guy is married with kids now. I always think of these things when I get really down. It may look sometimes like everyone has a perfect life but you never know. I hope you can find some reasons to stick around. I’ve enjoyed talking with you and wish I could offer more. I just want to say don’t give up, keep fighting, don’t ever stop. I’m here for you and I know everyone else here is too

sadhart

SF Supporter
I’m sad as hell reading this and I feel and hear your pain. Did the hospital help at all? Did you think all the nurses and doctors had a great life going on? I used to think everyone in the world had a great life except me and then I was invited to volunteer at a local homeless shelter. People from all walks of life, professionals, what have you. It really put things in perspective for me. People who used to practice medicine now without a roof over their head. I have to believe everyone has issues at one time or another. Do you have any hobbies? Does music relax you? Do you meditate at all? Do you walk/run at all? I’m hoping you don’t do anything to harm yourself. It’s always your choice but did you look at the alternatives? I guess I don’t know what country you are from and how you can access outpatient therapy but have you tried it? I’m reading a book this weekend about a young guy who went fishing with a buddy at night and he got mauled by a bear. Had his face chewed off and now he’s blind. Really sad story but the guy is married with kids now. I always think of these things when I get really down. It may look sometimes like everyone has a perfect life but you never know. I hope you can find some reasons to stick around. I’ve enjoyed talking with you and wish I could offer more. I just want to say don’t give up, keep fighting, don’t ever stop. I’m here for you and I know everyone else here is too
While I did not know the lives of the staff and doctors I can say that they were very lazy and very uncaring. A nurse gave me meds meant for someone else and then covered it up. I tried to tell someone but apparently it didn't happen, even though it did. I tried to tell another nurse that a geriatric patient decided to wander in my room and use the bathroom, but she didn't care. The doctor, in the entire 18 days spoke to me twice and it didn't even total five minutes. And when I had to go to "court" he clearly hadn't bothered to find anything about my past mental health as he basically lied that I didn't do certain things like go to counseling when I had. So no, I did not know their struggles and circumstances, but I did know that they didn't give a damn.

And you know....I don't want to end my life. I'm scared actually. But I'm tired of hurting. I'm tired of my hurt being in vain and I'm tired of people expecting me to be understanding of them when they don't treat me the same. I'm sorry.

SamIAm

While I did not know the lives of the staff and doctors I can say that they were very lazy and very uncaring. A nurse gave me meds meant for someone else and then covered it up. I tried to tell someone but apparently it didn't happen, even though it did. I tried to tell another nurse that a geriatric patient decided to wander in my room and use the bathroom, but she didn't care. The doctor, in the entire 18 days spoke to me twice and it didn't even total five minutes. And when I had to go to "court" he clearly hadn't bothered to find anything about my past mental health as he basically lied that I didn't do certain things like go to counseling when I had. So no, I did not know their struggles and circumstances, but I did know that they didn't give a damn.

And you know....I don't want to end my life. I'm scared actually. But I'm tired of hurting. I'm tired of my hurt being in vain and I'm tired of people expecting me to be understanding of them when they don't treat me the same. I'm sorry.
I don’t think you have anything to be sorry about. I’m glad you are able to share your story. I always do when I’m struggling. Yea I know what you mean about not wanting to end your life I’m glad for you cause I feel the same way. It scares me more than trying to live in a world that can be shifty sometimes . I just try to be around the most positive people I know. It’s not always easy but it’s the best way I know how for me personally to make it through my own day to day struggles. Yea those hospitals suck big time. There’s something to be said for sleeping in your own bed at night. I’m hoping you find the answers to try to just live day to day. It’s a struggle for a lot of people, myself included. Let’s hope those incompetent, uncaring doctors and nurses either finally lost their jobs or changed careers. There are some good healthcare providers out there and I hope whatever comes next for you is all good. Please take care of yourself and know I’m always here if you want to talk. Sending you the biggest hug I own just to let you know I care

Last edited by a moderator:

sadhart

SF Supporter
That's awful, I'm sorry to hear that.

I tend to do things like suggest treatment methods, but I'm not sure what kind of support would help the most right now

I hope things can get better
It's okay. I know there are treatments and i have done some, but i just feel overwhelmed with pain

Last edited by a moderator:

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
That's a really crap response (that you've wronged God somehow). Many people simply don't understand depression or any of this really. I'm sorry, man. I know you're really struggling.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00