Feeling Guilty...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dave_N, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I sometimes feel guilty when I read about how much people here are suffering. I have been blessed with good parents, some friends and generally a good life. I did have to work hard to become a teacher and I enjoy doing that. I just wish that there was more that I could do to help. :hug:

2. noname00

noname00 Guest

you say you feel guilty and then you make a post that will make other people feel like crap for not being as "blessed" as you? really nice.

3. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

personally i think you help lots dave

4. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

no dave did no such thing. dave helps loads on here so stop being a jerk and stop picking on him

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You do not need to feel guilty for having things others may not have. No two people have exactly the same things in their lives. There are those that have a great abundance of positive things in their lives yet they are extremely unhappy while others have noting but hardships and they are content.

6. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

:hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

The best way any of us can help I think is by continuing to better ourselves. As we improve our lives, we lift the spirits of those around us, and are able to become lighter and more helpful to others.

8. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

Dave, I've read many of your posts, and I think you're an amazing person. Some people are blessed to have such talents, while many of us don't. That's where we could fill in those gaps in some lives and support each other the best we can. =)

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Dave you help so many here and ask nothing in return. Please dont feel guilty for having a "normal" life. Those that you have helped and are helping are blessed to have a person that only comes here to try and support and care for others. Anyone that thinks that you are "bragging" about your good fortune doesn't know you at all. Maybe noname should get in touch with you and see if you can't help her/him!!!!

10. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

Dave, please you don't need to feel guilty at all. Comparison of suffering does no favour to you as a person and if its any consolation i think you do help. sometimes we may not know that what is said is helpful but if we are genuine in our concern then it usually comes across as such. I hope you are not too hard on yourself

11. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

:hug:
    I think all of us wish we could do more to help. And don't feel guilty about something like that. I've read some of your posts, and being helpful is really the most any one can do, and youve done that. :hug:

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Thank you guys for all of your heartfelt responses. It really means a lot knowing that me being here is helping people who are suffering. And for noname00, I'm sorry if I made you feel like crap in any of my posts. That was honestly not my intention. :hug:

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey Dave, you are an awesome person and always do your best to help everyone :hug: You dont deserve to feel any guilt.

14. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Awww, thank you daisychain. :hug:

15. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

you shouldnt feel guilty, 60,000,000 people in the world (i think) the variables are countless, its down to pot luck and some are fortunate and some arent.
    As you have no control over were your born and who to, your neighbours etc you have no reason to feel guilty (this is my attempt at being nice:biggrin:...........its HARD lol)

16. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

that is his whole purpose, he needs people worse off with him to feel better about himself, it probably comes from his religious upbringing

17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

why were these ancient threads of Dave's brought up :laugh:

Dave I :heart: you, even though some of your posts are strange

18. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I can only agree with gentlelday. You are doing a good job here Dave.
    Keep up the good work.

granny x

19. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I would have to agree with this guy on this. I'm not saying the OP is a bad guy or anything. I don't know him, havent read many of his other posts either. I do think that creating this thread was in very bad taste though.

I feel bad for the little kids with down syndrome, but I wouldn't go on their forums and post a thread about how fortunite I am not to have it.

This thread does beg the question.......If you are so blessed and have a happy life and all, why are you on a suicide forum in the first place :rolleyes:

20. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

He's here to support people that are suicidal.

You're a nice guy Dave. There is no reason to feel guilty for things that are beyond your control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.