Feeling guilty

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by bluet, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluet

bluet Member

How can we let go of the past? I made some terrible mistakes in the past and I can't forgive my self. I mean, this mistakes is soooooo crap! A kind of mistake that will haunt you(no, its not a murder), and I keep on thinking...I wish I can do it better. I wish I can turn back time..I wish I know its gonna be like this, I will make a different decision. I wish..I wish... and those whishes just keep on going every day. None of my friends can ever understand, and they're never available for chatting when I need them.
    Sometimes I wake up in the morning and think, I wish I didn't do it, or I wish I can repeat all those things, then life will be perfect and things will going well now. How do you forgive yourself? Can I ever stop feeling guilty and let it go? Cause I have the burn of the responsibility now, I have to responsible of all that mistakes and it will take years to fix it. Seriously! I need the next couple years to deal with it until its finish. How can you forgive yourself when you deal with the side effects everyday? I'm feeling guilty so bad I can die. Hey, maybe its a good idea to dissapear and wonder if someone will looking for me
  2. pither

pither Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you're in a situation that makes you feel that guilty. I know exactly how you feel. I too am currently paying for my mistakes. I always catch myself wishing I had just pushed myself to finish things even when I didn't want too. All my time wasting as really come back to bite me. I would lie awake and think about all the things I did and the anxiety would build to the point where I couldn't handle it. You just have to trust that it all happened for a reason and if you don't believe in that sort of thing than you just have to make the best of the state you're in. Try to think of other things as best you can and know that you're doing what you can to fix it, to make it all right.

I wish you the best of luck-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.