Feeling Hopeless from Every Angle

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Redblaze, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redblaze

Redblaze New Member

Hey all,

Over the past five months, I've had a string of bad things happen to me, and I've recently sunken into depression. I feel hopeless from every angle.

In the past five months, I lost my girlfriend to one of my best friends, I lost my job and I can't find another, I've been drowning in my last semester of uni work, I've been watching my friends get jobs and girlfriends, while I've been alone, overworked, underpaid, and not cared for. I'm afraid that once uni ends and I move for work, all my social opportunities and chances at sex and love might fly out the window.

I told my Mum how I felt, she said 'that's life'.

If this is life, why would I want to live it?

Please help.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry that life is kicking you down right now hun Please concentrate on you uni ok get that done ONce you have that degree you can move forward You will get another job you will meet new people in that job you will find a new gf someone that is worthy of your care . Right now everything seems dark but concentrate on YOU right now ok Use councilor at your university to help you succeed Talk to them about your feelings and get support ok that is what they are there for for YOU
  3. cots

cots Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as you, Redblaze. Nothing much to offer here but I hope it is of some relief to you knowing that you're not the only one feeling like this. Try focusing on yourself for now and take it easy. I'm sure the good things are waiting for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.