Feeling hopeless lately

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Aesop, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aesop

Aesop New Member

This time in my life more than ever, I have been feeling utterly hopeless. I dropped out of High School, this may have been the biggest failure in my life thus far. Although it may not seem so bad to most people, I feel as though I have lost everything I have worked for.
    I cannot afford what it will take to live a decent life. I will always be struggling to get by, more so than your average person, just because of the cards I have been dealt in my life.
    I can't maintain a relationship with any people. Leaving my own room to face my family is difficult enough, let alone meeting new people. Posting here is even a large step in what could likely be the wrong direction.
    I feel like I am just a flawed person. I see anything but a bright future for myself.
    I would love to hear from people who may have felt like me at one time. Is life all that awful? Even for someone as socially introverted as myself, as depressed and hopeless, is there any point?
  2. pit

pit Well-Known Member

The older I get, the more introverted I become. I wish I had more interests to connect with people.
  3. maths

maths Well-Known Member

Aesop, you sound like you are young? Just because you dropped out of high school doesn't mean you ruined your life. I dropped out of university twice and somehow am now doing a phd. Now, obviously university is not the same as high school, and most people won't want to do something like a phd. But I felt like I had wasted so much time and I'd never get anything done. It felt like starting over, which wasn't so nice, but in the end, I more or less made it; I changed things. You can too. You can still have a future. You do still have a future.
  4. Aesop

Aesop New Member

The thing is getting anywhere from my current point in life is impossible.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It may seem that way hun but it is not impossible Many young adults go back to school later in life go to trades school or back to college as a mature student there is always a different path to take hun you just have to research and find it ok. Reach out to your community see what volunteer work there is that can lead into a job you love maybe Depression makes things seem hopeless hun but it is not hun ok you are young and have so much time to chose where you are heading hugs
  6. Aesop

Aesop New Member

No need to make a life of grinding away at a shitty trade seem luxurious. What a useless forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.