Feeling hopeless.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Saucy, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saucy

Saucy New Member

I'm in a bit of a crisis situation, well not really a crisis but it feels like one. I'm an alcoholic with major depression and I drank myself stupid at the weekend and missed work today. I'm probably going to lose the job and I almost want to. I've got that horrible detox fear and anxiety and I'm worried about myself. I found myself googling about how much of the medication I am on would do the job. I don't want to die but I don't know if I can face living.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Saucy,

You need to get help for your alcoholism, it could completely change your life. Were you diagnosed with major depression by a professional? If so, tell us more, how they plan to help etc..Are you on any medications? Don't think you are alone in this 'cos you aren't :hugs:

3. Saucy

Saucy New Member

Thanks Petal, I'm going to see my Dr this morning if I can get an appointment, in the middle of a detox it's hard to even think straight though and I'm just suffering with massive anxiety. I'm fixated on work at the moment and just need to sort out some sick leave, I'm on a temporary contract and fully expect to be let go which is adding to the mix. I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety a long time ago and I kind of just muddle through. I take sertraline and buspiridon, obviously the drinking they don't have their full effect. I know what I've got to do, stopping the drinking is the only thing that will save me but god it's so hard.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I understand that it's very hard, I used to drink too a lot when I had severe depression but no longer drink and no longer have depression. As you already know the alcohol is just a short term fix for what's going on around you. It is great that you are talking about it though.
    How are you finding the meds? how long have you been on them? have they made any difference at all?
    Good luck at your doctors appointment, most important of all be as honest as you can with them so they can help.
    Best wishes.

5. Saucy

Saucy New Member

The doctor wasn't a lot of use to be honest, I've recently moved surgeries and it was a man I've never seen before, seemed to want to make me beg for help. He did me a sick note though and I've sent it off, starting to think I've made a terrible mistake. The waiting for what will happen with work is shredding my nerves and I'm aware that I've let myself and others down again. The meds I take don't seem to make a huge difference to me but I'm probably just on the wrong mix.

God I just hate this feeling. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.