Feeling hopeless

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kathys50, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathys50

Kathys50 Member

Hello I'm new here and still figuring out this forum. I am desperate! I don't like feeling this way. I've lost all hope that things in my life will ever get better. I hate waking up because when I'm asleep I don't feel anything but as soon as I wake up I'm fearful

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum. What is it that you are afraid of? feel free to share more with us. You're not alone here.

3. Kathys50

Kathys50 Member

Nothing is going right. I'm afraid of being a failure. I just can't get a break. I have just given up on everything I'm scared of not having my car it's broken I'm afraid of money issues. I think about hurting myself often especially a lot lately that scares me too but I feel like it's my only escape

4. Petal

I can relate, I have definitely felt that way before. Do you live alone? How old are you? I wish you all the best, please do not harm yourself, it won't solve anything.

5. Kathys50

Kathys50 Member

I'm 50 my 20 year old daughter lives with me she's my everything and I know that it would be an awful thing for her if I was gone but I don't know how to stop these feelings.

6. Petal

I'm 26 and my mom is 56. If I thought for a millisecond my mom was suffering with depression, I would have her see a professional immediately. I think you should go down that route and ask for help. See your doctor and perhaps a counsellor, the doctor will offer you all the help you need but you must be honest with them. Medications can help a lot. :hugs:

7. Kathys50

Kathys50 Member

Yeah my doctor has me on meds but I think I need something stronger because I feel it isn't working. Thank you for listening

8. Petal

What does the doctor have you on? An anti depressant? You need to explain to the doctor that you do not feel any benefit from taking it and hopefully they will try another! You are more than welcome :)

9. Kathys50

Kathys50 Member

Yes anti depressant lexapro. Not enough. Like right now I'm scared of my feelings.

10. Petal

I am on lexapro too. It helps combined with sertraline to keep depression away. If you are scared and afraid of what you might do that is a strong indicator that you NEED to get help now. Can you call your local hospitals crisis team?, they usually work 24/7.

11. Kathys50

Kathys50 Member

Yes I can call. I'm afraid to call but I will

12. Petal

No need to be afraid, they will put you at ease, i am really glad you decided to call them. They deal with it every single day so don't worry.

13. Petal

No need to be afraid, they will put you at ease, i am really glad you decided to call them. They deal with it every single day so don't worry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.