Feeling Incompetent

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

I've just been feeling generally incompetent lately, and this has made my depression and anxiety worse. Because of this, the contemplation of suicide has been creeping up in my brain. Thoughts?

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Do not worry, everyone feels incompetant at times in their life and, unfortunately, such a thought does and can lead to manic depression and the thought that you only want to take your own life,, but the key to this is that no matter how you feel about yourself, the best course of action is never to let such a thought dominate your mind, because the more you think about it, the more the feeling grows worse and that, in turns, leads to even stronger suicidal tendencies and makes your anxiety explode ten-fold.
    While there are medications which can help,, I do not believe medication is the answer, but to face your face what ails you head on, no mater how bad or scary they might seem.
    I know you have probably heard all of your life to face your troubles and that if you do, you will come out much stronger in the end, but in this case, what I would like to ask you to do is face the feeling of incompetence you feel and think about what makes you feel that way. And if you fid out the reason why you do feel like that, then think about what is in your life that is making you feel that way and then try and work on it. Because otherwise, you will continue feeling this way and one day, you just might do something drastic like taking your own life.

3. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words, Leif. I suppose mot people can't relate to this issue. The sense of alienation is made even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.