Feeling isolated in class

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lexy-Time Waster, Sep 16, 2016.

1. School recently started
    everyone is learning new names and new faces sigh
    everyone is forming new groups and chatting it up.
    no one is talking to me tho.
    No friends , too shy to make new friends sigh
    i tried introducing myself to the person on my left and
    after exchanging our names she started talkin to the person on her other side. kinda turning her back to me wow cold shoulder. The other person next to me is texting someone on the cell phone blah ...
    An hour later the teacher asked us to review with each other in little groups, everyone formed their little group and i tried to join the group infront me and the short girl with the blond hair said " this group is kinda big can u try joining a smaller group?" so i said ok and walked away
    i went to the back door near the trash can to pretend i am throwing away something and i just look at the whole class in their different groups just chatting it up and quizzing each other so i just sat in the back by myself feeling like i dont exist, i dont want to be here....

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hun....

school only just started. it will take a while for you to get to know people, and for them to get to know you.

it wasn't right they ignored you, no. but maybe that's not because they don't want to know you, but you're new and they don't know how to respond to someone who just joined.

or try speaking to other people.

have you tried to speak with the teachers to tell them how you are feeling?

(((((hugs))))

3. justastrangegirl

justastrangegirl Well-Known Member

The same thing happens to me and its my third year in college.. feeling really down and demotivated lately, dont clean dont cook dont feel like going to school anymore.. just feel me living is pointless

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. What about clubs and societies?

5. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey Lexi, school can be tough and it's hard to fit in, but believe me there's a lot of others who feel like you. I bet if you look around you'll find others just like you, maybe the kid texting was doing that just to not look alone and awkward, you never know. All you can do is be friendly and accepting and I'm sure you'll get involved as the year goes on. You're a good person and have every right to be here. Take care my friend
    Brian

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm so sorry you are going through this. School was the toughest time of my life, is there a school counsellor you could speak with? What do you think you are not doing that the rest are doing? I really hope you make some friends there, how old are you may I ask?

7. DadzTruk

DadzTruk Member

Lexy,

Sounds like you are an introvert like I am. I always struggled in school making friends and trying to fit in. Like some of the other guys said, I'm sure you are not the only one who feels that way. If you look around, I'm sure you will find others who feel the same way. School, no matter what level, can be so awkward. As I've gotten older, social interaction isn't as awkward, but I'm definitely an introvert and there's noting wrong with that. I've learned that you have to take a chance on getting rejected in order to eventually connect to some great people in your life. Praying you begin to experience some peace and meet the right people.

Petal likes this.
  8. ponkotsu

ponkotsu Well-Known Member

Hi, Lexy. I hated those exercises in school. It was so frustrating watching the social butterflies go up to people with ease while all the introverts struggled to get by without looking too awkward. Just know you're not alone in this experience. I really want to give you a hug since rejection like that hurts in such a profound way. I could feel the isolation and loneliness in your words. You were very brave to talk to that girl and I'm sorry no one noticed you. That's the worst feeling.

I recently started knitting and began doing so in public while I waited for my bus. I had some people come up to me to ask what I was doing. Could you do something like that? Something that would be a good ice breaker for other people if you're too shy to go up to them yourselves or have trouble coming up with what to say? Plus, learning a new hobby in general is good for everyone but especially introverts and depressed people.

9. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

I have been always a lonely person since my childhood. I tried to make friends many a times but nobody seems to like me. I somehow completed my education and got a job. Nowadays, I stop trying to make friends. I am trying to be happy just being alone.

Hope your days get better.