Feeling kinda... just I don't know...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Letsbeafraid, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Letsbeafraid

Letsbeafraid Member

Hey guys.. just kinda you know, felt like typing this to you. I have this same feeling that I am not myself... the last time I felt like this was before I attempted suicide. I don't understand it... everything in my life is going fine my grades are good and I met a girl and all this.. even though not alot of people agree with me going out with her because we have like a 5 year age difference I still think it's ok. I mean she's the only person who ever really gets me. The only problem is that I feel like I care too much if someone feels sad I HAVE to listen to their problems. It almost feels like I hear so much that I can't talk to anyone about my problems.. most of the time other peoples problems occupy my time and keep my mind off my own but then they somehow still sneak in and crush me. I really hate burdening other people with my problems ugh... I'm sorry if this seems really unorganized.. I just feel blah like slowly dying quietly in a place by myself thats the best way to describe it.

I can't really tell this girl about what I feel like because it would just crush her if she knew and I don't want to put her through that. I mean she has her own problems and I have my own and it's bad enough what people think of our age difference and the names she gets called and the names I get called for it.. but she's really the only one who understands me so I just don't know what to do it sounds to me like something to good to give up. Shes 14 I'm 19 by the way...

Anyways yeah.... :dry:

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Well, you have to understand that she is still a minor, while technically, you're an adult. You could get into trouble if you have sex with your girlfriend, so be careful. Also, you have to focus on helping yourself and when your better, then you can help others.

3. I agree with Dave.

Also, it is good that you care about people. Hopefully, you will get good support here on SF.

4. Ahrimar

Ahrimar Well-Known Member

Hey man,

I understand how you feel. Its funny how feelings can sometimes forget this little thing like age... Im 20, and I'm in love with a girl thats 14. She knows how i feel, and the part that sucks the most is that she feels the same way about me.

If you wanna talk sometime just pm me, ill give you my MSN addy.

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I highly doubt that your underaged girlfriends would try to accuse you guys of sexual molestation. But the problem is that their parents might, especially if they are overprotective and don't want you being with their daughters. Good luck to you both.

6. Ahrimar

Thats the problem you run into. The parents... The thing that really sucks around here is that most of the girls that are of age, they are gone out of Alaska. Theres just a handfull left, and theyre all taken. And all of those underage girls look like they are 18. Thats what makes me mad, cause i have to ask for an ID now when i meet someone new. Sad? Not really, just being safe.

Its really bad when you meet one with a fake ID.

7. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I wouldn't call not wanting your 14 year old (what I'd still call a baby) daughter to date someone 5 or 6 years older than her being overprotective. I think it is perfectly understandable.

8. Ahrimar

Kind of is understandable, but at the same time its questionable too. Would you rather then wait until your daughter is 18 and then have her go out with someone thats 25? It would be pretty much the same, just by the legal system its all ok.

My grandparents are 8 years apart age wise. My grandpa was 25 and she was 17 when they met. Theres lots of people that huge age gaps between them but their relationships are amazing.

So i guess it would all depend on the person thats older. If their intention is just sex then hell no. That can't happen. But if its not that, they may be room for reconsidering.

9. nagisa

The age gap is the same number of years, yes... but the emotional age gap is much larger. For instance a 27 year old will have a lot more in common with a 32 year old than a 14 year old will have with a 20 year old. 14 is not only young in age but also in maturity.

10. Ahrimar

Yes, but not everyone matures at the same rate. Not everyone is the same. Ive seen 30 year olds that act like they are 12, and then i've seen 15 year olds that take care of the whole family and are more mature than the parents.

11. nagisa

I know it depends... but still...

I mean... I don't know your relationship with this girl. I'm sure you guys fit well together. It's just that 14 is so young....

12. Ahrimar

Yeah, thats what i thought at first too, and broke up with her. But then spent two months just hanging out with her and being friends, and then we finally figured out that the age didn't present a problem.

And im only slightly evil. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.