Feeling let down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman sky

After what was near enough an attempt followed by an admittance to a+e, ive been sent home with no further action than a phone call to check in ok. I rang the ambulance for myself with faith that I'd get some proper help, but instead they've completely ignored me and sent me home with nothing. The whole experience has just destroyed all the hope in me, now I'm completely hopeless and cannot see a way out

dugga

Hi Roman Sky, the fact that you rang the ambulance yourself shows you have some hope for the future. I can understand what you mean by wanting help and having to do something drastic only to be sent home. In A & E they see so many people in a day and it's difficult to follow up each case. A lot of the time it is just patching people up and sending them out the door so the next batch of people can be looked at. Look after yourself, you'll find some hope - you just need to get in touch with the right people

Roman sky

Hi Roman Sky, the fact that you rang the ambulance yourself shows you have some hope for the future. I can understand what you mean by wanting help and having to do something drastic only to be sent home. In A & E they see so many people in a day and it's difficult to follow up each case. A lot of the time it is just patching people up and sending them out the door so the next batch of people can be looked at. Look after yourself, you'll find some hope - you just need to get in touch with the right people
Starting to think there is no "right people". All the professionals I've spoken to don't think I'm deserving of help, even when I pretty much attempted to kill myself. After that, there seems nowhere else to turn

Roman sky

And I did have hope for the future, but that's gone now

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
After what was near enough an attempt followed by an admittance to a+e, ive been sent home with no further action than a phone call to check in ok. I rang the ambulance for myself with faith that I'd get some proper help, but instead they've completely ignored me and sent me home with nothing. The whole experience has just destroyed all the hope in me, now I'm completely hopeless and cannot see a way out
Hi roman, Dugga is right. A&E is not the place to get long term help. It is literally patch and dispatch. Can you try reaching out to your GP to get the help you want.
They definitely have more time to assess your needs.
Help is there you just need to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00