1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like the odd one out at work (rant)

Discussion in 'Work and Financial Problems' started by sophia888, Dec 20, 2017.

1. sophia888

sophia888 Member

Just got home from work and felt like I needed to get my feelings out there to people that understand.

Does anyone else always feel like the odd one out? I’m constantly feeling like this and with my mental health in decline at the moment I’ve started over thinking everything I’ve said or done whilst at work.
    Today was the Works Christmas do and I just felt like I didn’t know who to talk to, sit with or have anything interesting to say without sounding like an awkward loser. Bare in mind I have been at the company over 2 years now and ‘know’ people fairly well. I just can’t seem to be myself. It’s like I have no personality at all to others. Or a very awkward one.

I have also recently been promoted and now feel like more is expected of me in terms of being social/networking and I can’t just hide in the background anymore. Even my best friend at work seems bored of me and seems to be gravitating more towards others now which is making me feel like shit.

I’m just fed up. Tried to call the doctors to book an appointment to get back on the meds but they were closed, will most likely be after Christmas now. Can’t wait to get back on them and start feeling better again. You guys out there in SF world are the only people in the world who I’m sharing my feelings with right now. Glad I found this place.

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you are going through this.

Maybe things will be better once you get on the meds. You might also want to check out the links in my signature. There are some self-help methods there that you may want to try.

Do you think it would help if you ask your best friend what the problem is? It's generally harder to maintain relationships if you are feeling depressed.
    :)

No one here is ever alone, because we have each other

sophia888 likes this.
  3. sophia888

sophia888 Member

Thank you very much for your lovely reply. I will check out the self help methods

may71 likes this.
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :)

5. GetOutOfMyMind

GetOutOfMyMind SF Supporter

Yes Sophia. I am going through the same thing. I constantly feel like I've said something idiotic at work and it plays in my mind like a screeching chalkboard. I try to clear my mind and not think at all. Distract myself with whatever I can. And hopefully come to the realization that I AM overthinking things.. like thinking the first job interview would be a disaster and it never turns out that way. good luck! :)