Feeling like there's no time left to think...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheBellJar, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBellJar

TheBellJar New Member

:grey: I've been suicidal for a long time, but for quite a while have been thinking of doing it at a particular site. I just found out that it'll soon be impossible though, since the city's decided to put up a suicide barrier. I've visited this place over and over during the past few months and it seems like the next time i go will be my last chance to do it there. Every time I've gone previously, I ended up leaving hoping that the next day would be better. But it never is. I've been on tons of pills and going to therapy for almost a year now and nothing helps. I feel like the next time I go should be the last time.
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I think it makes a strong statement of caring when even the city invests the thought, time, and money to create ways to work toward trying to prevent suicide. I hope that you will notice that there is a lot of caring people who don't want to see anyone fall prey to the worst parts of depression.
  3. TheBellJar

TheBellJar New Member

Well that is definitely a more positive way of thinking about it. I'll try to think of it as an act of care instead of an obstacle but it'll be difficult... I've been pretty fixated on this spot for a while. Thank you for putting it in that perspective for me, I wouldn't have seen it myself.
  4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Being fixated on something generally narrows the mind to block out a lot more that isn't relevant - so I applaud you for realising that there may be other ways forward now. And I agree with pick about the caring nature of the city to preventing suicide.

On the therapy side - have you been completely honest with the therapist? Or have you left stuff out? Part of the reason therapy doesn't work for some, is their reluctance to include everything. Scary as it is/may be - not being fully honest with them can lead to where they may not give you the right support/guidance, spiralling into "Therapy doesn't work".

And on the meds side, if you've been on that many, there's a suspicion that you may not have tried them for long enough for them to take effect. It is just a possibility - but some take years to find the right med/therapy/combination that works to ease their days stresses/worries, that it's always worth trying.

I hope this site can aid you into an easier potential recovery. (I say easier, in as much as being a little less stressful).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.