• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Feeling lonely or out of the loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLKane

yeah, I feel alone, like no-one cares, like theres nobody out there who gets me, like I don't understand anyone else either, like I'm not really a person. I feel like a different species, like a fish trying to understand a bird, I feel so fucking lonely sometimes, like I don't really exist, like whoever's imagining me is thinking of other things so I'm just on autopilot waiting for them to switch me back on. it's wierd but thats how I feel.

Mr. E

I feel incredibly lonely, especially by being single, when everyone around me is living in a stable, long-term relationship. How do they do it? I'm even jealous whenever I see my Dad's happy pictures on facebook with my step mom... pitiful.

Chargette

I don't feel alone or lonely, I have come to terms with that. I do feel out of the loop. Especially in the company of others. I don't have their playful mood and I can't fake it either. I learned to interact more, but in many situations I just listen because my thoughts are out of step with the conversations. I'm a few steps behind and I think of something to say after the conversation has moved on. When I was a kid, my dad said to me at a picnic in front of others that I'm anti-social because I didn't talk much. That really hurt. I was about 10 years old.

Mr Stewart

Yeah I can relate to that. The only time I feel lonely is when I'm with people. It makes me feel isolated because I can't hear myself think. It only reinforces how little I understand the social interactions of average people. All I want to do is go right back home to my apartment and hide under my blanket so I don't feel lonely anymore.

I told someone once that I don't really understand the concept of loneliness as other people seem to. She gave me the most baffled look I don't know how to describe it. People give me that look a lot.

SAVE_ME

Always. The lack of human contact never used to bother me as I could keep to myself and keep busy and didn't give a rat's ass what anyone thought, but lately the loneliness has been taking its toll. I feel like no one ever sees the "true" me deep inside and no one ever "gets" me. And I always feel left out in social situations. Like I can be there but not there if you know what I mean. Rather, my body is in the room but my mind and soul are detached and are hovering on the outside looking in.

sunshinesblack

does extremely socially insecure count? as in justified insecure

just got a prank phone call and my dad gets prank calls at night every night has to put phone on silent

other than that am sure somewhat similar fish like me s swimming miserably somewhere

Yeah i am out of the loop and feeling it

spiritxfade

Yeah. I'm lonely even when I'm surrounded by people and are chatting with them "happily" because I know that I could never be anything more than superficial acquaintances with most of them. There are a few people I don't feel lonely with- and it's a huge relief. It's a wonder they put up with me, though.

I'm not exactly a fun person to be around in my depressed moods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00