Feeling lonely

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by SSheep, Sep 9, 2016.

1. SSheep

SSheep Member

I have been having these feelings of loneliness for long time and i don't know how to deal with them. I feel like i have no one to talk to, my family don't understand me, they do try to help but usually it sounds like they just blame me for my feelings. I don't really have much friend's either, i have hard time forming good friendships cause of anxiety and paranoia, even now i'm sweating and heart is beating fast when i write this. I am afraid to be alone and i just wish to talk with someone.

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Here if you want to talk.

3. SteveBy

SteveBy Active Member

There are many friends for you here, who share your challenges. Just reach out.

4. SSheep

SSheep Member

I wish to reach out, i just sometimes have trouble to even say hi.. but i think i can manage.

5. SteveBy

SteveBy Active Member

You're safe here. You can be who you are and say how you really feel, and no one judges. It's good like that.

SSheep and Brian777 like this.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You HAVE reached out here. Well done. We're here for you 24/7. I find it difficult to make ''real'' friends in real life too, I suffer from severe anxiety too. Know that we are here for you and we will not judge you, we will be a helping hand in any which way we can. I think you are brave for reaching out to us here. Welcome to the forum and I hope I get the chance to know you more :)

7. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi Sheep, I am Mox

I accept you, just as you are. You are safe here. Your among friends now. I would personally love to hear more about you. Feel free to read my story below in green.

Take Care

8. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I wish I did too..they say being a loner is a personal choice, but I honestly see it as the outcome of my life's circumstances that repel people from wanting to be part of my life. I'm too sad...too insecure..who would want to be around me? Yesterday my ex left for work 2 hours early to get away from me..it feels soo excruciating. I hope you feel better though. I can relate..all the time right now.

9. SteveBy

SteveBy Active Member

Being a loner is sometimes a choice, but sometimes part of how we're made. I feel I am part of the latter group. I quite like being around people, but not necessarily interacting with them. I find people hard work, and draining.

Brian777 likes this.
  10. alphonso

alphonso Member

I too share your pain in loneliness. It's never easy to deal with when you feel no one wants to be your friend or they just don't care. Stay strong

11. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

I know the feeling of family trying, but not really getting it. To put it mildly. But it'll get better and there's plenty of people here, who'll understand and want to help. So you aren't alone :)
    I've never been good with friends either, but you'll one day get some that'll stick with you. Just keep trying to make some friends, although it's not easy. But try and stay calm and count to 10 before approaching people, if you feel like it's too much etc. Just breath deeply and relax. :)

12. SSheep

SSheep Member

Thank you :)

13. SSheep

SSheep Member

I'm pretty confused sometimes about myself, i usually feel lonely but when i am surrounded by people, i wanna be alone. I like to do stuff on my own but then the loneliness knocks at my door and comes in without invite.

14. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

I understand completely. If you ever feel like need to chat or whatever, feel free to IM me.

Take Care Sheep =)

15. Adil

Adil Member

How old are you?

16. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

I am in the same kind of boat as you are, regarding feeling of lonely, and also can relate to others who feel like others drain them when they are in social settings. I often times just like observe others rather than be a part of things. I am the biggest people watcher, I am fascinated that some things just seem to be so natural to others, and they don't seem to ever wonder those Big Questions in life, I am often too preoccupied with to participate in socializing. I am too fascinated with everyone being who they are.