Feeling lost and confused

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Invisible Child, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

I don't know what to think today, well this evening. I should be happy since I started a new job today. However, I feel miserable and wonder if leaving the hospital just for this job was really worth it. Now not only am I depressed and not wanting to be around, I am also extremely sore because of the job. Did I really accomplish anything in the few days that I was in the hospital or did I just tell them what they wanted to hear just so I could leave? I'm so unsure about everything at this point. Is this a common thing when a person leaves the hospital or is it just me being so confused? :confused:
  2. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

I can't answer that question as I've never been in that situation before. But what I can say is is that if your job is making you physically/ emotionally sore then you need to tell your boss at work. They might be able to help you. Its always best to be honest with people and not just tell them what they want to hear because it will be only you that suffers :hug: I hope things get better for you Stormy
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Is it possible to get a leave of abscence from your work place so you can go back to hospital and get more support until you feel stronger emotionally Sometimes we want to get back to some normality in our lives but we push aside our needs at moment then they come back again because we have not dealt with them fully
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It is very common to have a let down when you leave the hospital. You are hoping to "be better" and you are not- short term critical care or crisis stays are simply designed to give you a small break from daily pressure in a safe environment to get you past the most immediate crisis - they are not meant to cure you. When you get home all those pressures are back - and in your case aded stress of a new job but you still have to do the follow up care which is where any hoped for "healing" can begin to happen... Your priority has got to be to do whatever you need to do to start to feel better and heal some- maybe that is not working or maybe it is getting deeply involved in your work and job so you have purpose- that really would depend from individual to individual. Do you have a phone contact for emergencies after discharge that you could call and have them help you decide which is better for you at the moment if you do not know for yourself?
  5. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

With just starting this job I can't take a leave and keep the job (I'm on a 90 day probation period). I can't afford to quit either because I am the only one working in the house. However, this job is also not worth possibly paralyzing myself over. I can't go into real details the issue that I have with my back as it can be triggering to others, but when I come home, can barely move something has to give.

I don't know if I feel worse now or if I felt worse before I went into the hospital. I know that I can't do this anymore, I'm tired. I have seen the therapist since I have been home and she wants to go deep way to fast and it's triggering nightmares, panic attacks and so many damn tears. I just can't start right out talking to anyone about my deepest darkest secrets, not without losing my mind. I honestly at this point feel like I am loosing it. Even the therapist says the job that keeps my hands and mind busy thinks this job is a very bad idea, but do I really have a choice right now? Honestly, no. Someone has to make sure that the kids have food and a roof over their heads. I'm tired of being the one that has to carry this load alone and I don't want to anymore, I just want to sleep and not wake up.

Thank you all for responding to my post.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.