Feeling lost

So, like, I've talked about this a bit in another post but I basically rely a lot on escapism and things are getting worse.
Normally I know how tv shows are scheduled and when shows I like are coming back. Watching TV shows is a huge coping mechanism for me which got basically ripped away.
right now I'm looking for work/ waiting for an outpatient programme for my cerebral palsy to get approved so I'm pretty much home alone all day.
And waiting for the approvement/news on tv shows/etc pretty much makes me wanna kill myself because there's so much pain and I can't cope and I have no clue what the future (next week even!!) is gonna look like and it's freaking me out!
also feel super ashamed because really?? not knowing when tv show xyz is coming back is making you suicidal??? that's v pathetic

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
So sorry that you are struggling so much right now...and try to be gentle on yourself as you are not alone in feeling so overwhelmed by all the news as it is so depressing especially now and you are not alone in wanting to escape it all by watching your favorite tv shows...sending you very positive thoughts that you hear soon for the outpatient programme ... and please take to heart that you are not alone so I encourage you to keep posting...

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that you are suffering so much right now @februaryfriday . i know how bad it is to be stuck home all the time. i'm disabled and get out for 3 or 4 hours a few times a week. my tv is important to me also. it sucks having health issues and have to deal with a lot to get the help you need. i hope your path gets easier...mike...*hug*shake

So this is a super weird problem and I'm very aware that it's a privilege to even worry about this but...
One of my #1 comfort shows is this is us. Normally, it starts in September. But since I like bingeing it and the episodes often end with cliffhangers I've never started watching the newest episodes until December.

The new season starts tomorrow, I can watch it the day after tomorrow (don't live in the US). And a part of me is soooo deprived of content and comfort and what not that I want to start watching it asap. Which basically means that I have to sit out the christmas break (6 weeks), can't binge and have to wait a week between episodes.

And I...pretty much don't know what to do??? There are arguments for watching it asap (being in need of comfort, the later start as usual, this year being the absolute chaos where nothing is as usual, also another series I watch pretty much starts airing when TIU gets into break which means I have a "buffer", the years before I had other stuff to watch) but also arguments against it (having to wait 6/7 days between episodes, the two week wait because it won't air next week, winter/christmas break....)

Like from a "nuturing standpoint" I'd say go for it and treat yourself, but from a delayed gratification standpoint I'd better wait??

(Let's ignore the huge amount of shame I feel that this is even a problem for me, haha.)

Legate Lanius

So this is a super weird problem and I'm very aware that it's a privilege to even worry about this but...
One of my #1 comfort shows is this is us. Normally, it starts in September. But since I like bingeing it and the episodes often end with cliffhangers I've never started watching the newest episodes until December.

The new season starts tomorrow, I can watch it the day after tomorrow (don't live in the US). And a part of me is soooo deprived of content and comfort and what not that I want to start watching it asap. Which basically means that I have to sit out the christmas break (6 weeks), can't binge and have to wait a week between episodes.

And I...pretty much don't know what to do??? There are arguments for watching it asap (being in need of comfort, the later start as usual, this year being the absolute chaos where nothing is as usual, also another series I watch pretty much starts airing when TIU gets into break which means I have a "buffer", the years before I had other stuff to watch) but also arguments against it (having to wait 6/7 days between episodes, the two week wait because it won't air next week, winter/christmas break....)

Like from a "nuturing standpoint" I'd say go for it and treat yourself, but from a delayed gratification standpoint I'd better wait??

(Let's ignore the huge amount of shame I feel that this is even a problem for me, haha.)
Become an MMORPG/RPG gamer and get unlimited content forever with unrestrained replay-ability.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Well @februaryfriday I am not the best person to ask because I and my husband are quite guilty of binge watching all the episodes when a new season comes out of one our favorite series...we always think we can wait it out...but alas never do...so manage to watch all the episodes in a matter of days...and then the waiting begins for another year...It is hard to believe that I used to be able to wait a week for Masterpiece Theater episodes... sending you good thoughts for today....

Well @februaryfriday I am not the best person to ask because I and my husband are quite guilty of binge watching all the episodes when a new season comes out of one our favorite series...we always think we can wait it out...but alas never do...so manage to watch all the episodes in a matter of days...and then the waiting begins for another year...It is hard to believe that I used to be able to wait a week for Masterpiece Theater episodes... sending you good thoughts for today....
Oh yeah, know that feeling :D

Probably gonna crack and just watch the first episode tomorrow, whatever.

Just got mail that my inpatient programme got denied, so got that going for me :mad:

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
You are in good company for cracking...lol.

So sorry that your inpatient programme was denied....wondered if you can you appeal their decision?

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
I can thoroughly understand your anger...maybe write out your feelings about it to get them out and then re-work it to be more persuasive...can you talk to your gp about it and/or is there a local agency who could offer advice...as they may be able to help...

one of my favourite shows went into winter break without announcing it beforehand, it won't come back until jan.

and, don't get me wrong, I'm all for meassures and stuff...but I'm really terrified that la shuts down again in January, so shows stop filming again. I know how selfish that sounds, and I really hate myself for thinking it. but that doesn't make me stop thinking it...

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
So how did it go with your gp? Were they able to help (I hope). In regards to shows I do know what you mean. One thing we've found helpful is to watch previous shows we just never watched....though inaccurate on so many levels I have to admit we have been enjoying Reign (Queen Mary/Queen Catherine "historical drama") which had many seasons/episodes...maybe there is something like that which you could enjoy?

I tried to make an appointment several times but they didn't pick up the phone and eventually I just ... stopped trying. And the deadline for appealing is over.
I'm rewatching schitt's creek a lot...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00