Feeling lousy...why?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by cloud9, Feb 2, 2010.

1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Okay, so the last few months I've been feeling a little strange. I've been getting angered quite easily and when I get angry I just can't seem to dial myself down. I'm not really that outwardly expressive about this anger. I've just been feeling it a lot inside and I guess for the most part controlling myself.

Anger issues aside, what's been making me angry is a little embarassing and immature. Its stupid. I know if I be rational about this it shouldn't bother me,but it really eats me inside. This guy I live with has been making me mad. I hate it when he makes fun of me, to the point that I want to pound him. Funny thing is I probably could.....
    Anyways discussing it with my sister and such she's managed to convince me not to. Lately I just talk to him very little. Keeping our contact at a minimum has helped in that I don't hear his lame ass jokes. The point really here is that there is bad air between us, even if it is only really me hating his guts.

Now another issue I've been having is dealing with a big crush I have on this girl in my program. Now, I have an unfortunate feeling that the guy I live with has a crush on her too. In fact what makes my blood boil more than anything is when he would make fun of me in front of her. Now I know I should be completely rationale about this. Something as stupid as this doesn't bother me, but I find whenever he's with her its killing me inside. When they coincidentally happened to be studying together today at the library, its been putting me off the entire day and I know it shouldn't. I don't even really know how to describe this feeling. Its like someone is just crushing my heart, my chest feels heavy. This is incredibly irrational. So I'm here typing this to tell you how crummy I feel. In fact, my roommate just came home, which ironically makes me feel better because he's not with her. I'm sad aren't I? Although he's probably going to go back out to the library after he eats which is going to make me feel like shit again.

I'm wondering, is this a normal feeling to have? I wish I really didn't feel like this. I want to turn it off. Sometimes I feel like I need to see a Psychologist or Counsellor about this. Do you think I need to? This is really bothering me and immature. I just can't see to grow up...:dry:

*sigh*

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't think your feelings are irrational. I think it's normal. Being made fun of in front of someone I like would really piss me off too.

Is there any way you can move? Because your roommate sounds like he doesn't know when to quit, and you don't deserve to be made fun of.

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I agree with Alison/WildCherry. Also I bet he comes across as an insecure and insensitive jerk to her when he makes fun of you..in fact I would be A LOT that this is the case.

Glad you are refraining from pounding him, violence is rarely the answer.

Take care, Bambi