Feeling nothing

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justmeonlyme, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

I feel like I have got to a point in life where I am ok. Things aren't bad any more life is pretty ok. However life isn't good and it never really is. I feel like I'm at a point in life where I'm just ok 100% of the time... Every now and then I will have a small up of down but generally I'm just flat. I feel as though I feel very little of anything. I just live in this constant state of ok. It's been like this for probably about 2 years. I just feel like I'm kinda numb like I have no feelings i feel flat. It was ok for awhile coz it was a huge improvement on feeling down all the time but now I just want to feel something. There are things logically that should make me feel really down or really happy but have very little affect on how I feel.

I don't know how to move past this feeling of nothingness

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi hun,

I'm not sure of how to get past the emptiness but I wanted to let you know I am all ears if you would like to talk. I'm glad things are going okay for you though. 2 years is a long time to be feeling like this. I hope you can get past this, find a way out or just be able to cope with these recurrent thoughts! Are you getting any help from a psych/therapist?

Good luck hun xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.