Feeling nothing

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by justmeonlyme, Jan 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

I feel like I have got to a point in life where I am ok. Things aren't bad any more life is pretty ok. However life isn't good and it never really is. I feel like I'm at a point in life where I'm just ok 100% of the time... Every now and then I will have a small up of down but generally I'm just flat. I feel as though I feel very little of anything. I just live in this constant state of ok. It's been like this for probably about 2 years. I just feel like I'm kinda numb like I have no feelings i feel flat. It was ok for awhile coz it was a huge improvement on feeling down all the time but now I just want to feel something. There are things logically that should make me feel really down or really happy but have very little affect on how I feel.

I don't know how to move past this feeling of nothingness

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi hun,

I'm not sure of how to get past the emptiness but I wanted to let you know I am all ears if you would like to talk. I'm glad things are going okay for you though. 2 years is a long time to be feeling like this. I hope you can get past this, find a way out or just be able to cope with these recurrent thoughts! Are you getting any help from a psych/therapist?

Good luck hun xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.