Feeling Numb...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by SilentCry, Jan 10, 2007.

1. SilentCry

SilentCry Antiquitie's Friend

My husband of 11 yrs passed away Nov. 20... I had been in the psych hosp since then. I just got out yesterday. I just had some questions about some meds they put me on. Any info would be appreciated. I'm supposed to be taking Depakote, Geodone, Lithium, Provigil, Nexium, Tegretol...

I feel like a walking drugstore now :unsure:

Thanks,
    Mary

2. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

:hug: im sorry about your husband.. Sorry i dont know much about meds :hug:

3. SilentCry

That's ok... I was just wondering about the effects.

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

A good site for info on meds is www.crazymeds.org Lots of info there, check it out.

5. Shauna Lea

Shauna Lea Staff Alumni

im so sorry to hear about ur loss! and i really hope ur on the road to a quick recovery.
    I dont kno much about the medication but i do kno that my aunty (who was also in hospital for depression etc) took lithium and it helped her so much...shes now re-married and has 2 beautiful twin girls! stick wit it huni! xoxo

6. SilentCry

Thank you for your replies....

It's been a long several months, but I'm beginning to accept the fact that he isn't coming back. 11yrs. is a long time to all of a sudden turn around and have them not there. But at least I know he's watching down, protecting me.

7. bipolarkitty

bipolarkitty Well-Known Member

Hi Mary. I'm so sorry you lost your husband. How are you doing hun?

I've taken all of those except provigil and nexium. Depakote and Tegretol are anti-seizure meds that are commonly prescribed for bipolar, as well as Lithium. Geodon is an anti-psychotic, but it's also good for other things, like depression, I think. Are the meds working for you?

I know how it feels having to take so many meds. At my worst, I was taking about 25 pills a day spread out into taking them 5 times a day. I absolutely hated that meds regimen. Luckily I'm on less now. Not that it works, that is. :rolleyes:

As for effects, they haven't been too fun. But I'm really sensitive to side effects. Hopefully you haven't had as many, or very severe. Are they going away yet?