Feeling numb.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by gag, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gag

gag Well-Known Member

Does this happen to anyone else?
    I don't think about suicide nearly as much now, I've been high or drunk 24/7 since my gf left me in August.
    It's left me feeling numb, I was too depressed when she dumped me, so I started smoking weed again and drinking frequentley.
    I usually get drunk atleats every second day and I smoke weed multiple times a day. I also pop Adderall now, usually every second day or so.

Does anyone else just feel numbed out after binging on drugs?
    I feel almost nihilistic, I don't care about much of anything at all.
  2. kath

kath Well-Known Member

Hi there.Thanks for sharing your experiences.Here if you want to talk to someone else more about this.I think that drink and most certainly drugs often have the ability to make us think,feel and behave quite differently sometimes including perceiving our environment differently/feeling different within it and also experiencing states of numbness.i think these can be some of the effects anyhow.i am sure you are not alone.Not that that probably makes it any easier to deal with.How are you doing and do you have anyone to talk to or any professional help with these issues?Would you like any of these things?i hope you are ok.Let us know how you are doing.Take good care.kath
  3. DenverChris

DenverChris Member

They definitely make me feel numb, and that's precisely why I do them.... Only problem is, everything has a price, and the better a drug makes you feel, the more you'll have to pay for it.... Make sense??? It's like pot and alcohol make you feel a little better, and have a few unpleasant side-effects. Heroin, on the other hand, will make you feel fantastic, but has some of the worst side effects imagineable... Addiction is horrible. So, that's what I meant by everythibng having a price: The better you feel, the more you'll have to pay..... Anyways, hope that was helpful....
  4. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

Only problem with alcohol and drugs is that they are only temporary solutions. Eventually you'll have to face everything that you're trying to numb yourself from. Everything will come back to haunt you in some form or another as well. Even the drugs, after quitting them there are still those cravings that just hit you from time to time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.