feeling numb

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by takencontrol, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

i need to talk to someone out there plz

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

why you feeling so numb keep talking okay keep posting so others can help too:hugtackles::hugtackles:

3. takencontrol

i really dont know. ive went through so many feelings lately its probably the obvious next one. it scares me more because i feel i could actually harm myself.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

if you feel like you are going to harm yourself then it is okay to call crisis line and talk to a real voice a caring voice okay. sometime our emotions carry us away into places that are not so kind or safe. Call crisis line if you can or the ER
    I usually try slow deep breathing when my emotions take over me it works as it also slows the thought processes down as well
    If you feel unsafe the call for some help okay it is alright to reach out when you need someone it is a better coping skill then harming yourself.

5. takencontrol

i just cannot do it sorry.

6. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hi brownie how do you mean you might harm yourself?
    you dont have to call crisis lines you can email the samaritans,and write down how you feel like you do here but i find writing on here easier so if you need a chat im here too ok.

7. takencontrol

i have been talking to the samaritans via email and they have been a great support. i also find it much easier to write how i feel

8. hollowvoice

yes and once youre feelings are wrote down they make more sense than just rambling words which you forget where you were anyway

9. takencontrol

true. i just want all the pain and heartache to go away.

10. hollowvoice

what else have you done to make your pain and heartache go away?
    you cam pm me if you want to talk private ok
    ive done alot of self harm amongst other things.

11. takencontrol

i cut myself and take tablets. this crisis is much worse than ever before. i cant see me getting through this.

12. hollowvoice

you can get through this we can get through this ok
    i cut i take way too many pills but im fighting everyday hoping
    whats made this time worse than before?

13. takencontrol

not having my key worker around has left me totally devastated shes on holiday.

14. hollowvoice

ah right yeah thats a tough time when will she be back?
    are you making a diary of everything thats happening while shes away?

15. takencontrol

no i didnt even think about it but i think the fact that i didnt attend my psych apps although ive never missed an app so far might let her see ive had a serious crisis also my friend says i look like s**t so she will see it for herself.

16. hollowvoice

yeah missing appointments should show her somethings wrong but its not easy talking to a stand in is it? but that stand in may have another option for you to try
    ha i was told i look like shit today and thought great other people are starting to see it now and i never know whether its a good or bad thing?

17. takencontrol

i didnt even have a stand in i missed the psych apps that was my key worker.
    yeah i try not to listen when people say i look like shit or ask whats wrong i just think oh no theyre starting to notice i need to try harder to hide it.

18. hollowvoice

oh right sorry i understand,
    missing appointments is like a step sideways though,can i ask what made you miss your appint6ments and did your keyworker call to find out what was wrong?
    is she the sort of keyworker who you tell everything or are you unsure of her?
    and yes i thought dam theyre starting to notice !!

19. takencontrol

no one called to find out why i missed my apps, i couldnt face going out or facing anyone asking how i felt or going over the past. i just wanted to be on my own. i did eventually phone and ask for another app but no heard anything. yes i can tell her everything and we get on great which i think is the reason i miss her so much.

20. hollowvoice

how much longer is she on holiday for?
    maybe you can make an appointment as soon as she gets back?
    you have to make sure you dont miss too many appointments though because they need to know you want help all the time not just some.
    but i know why you couldnt face going out you get fed up going over the past and sometimes its like oh not today not anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.