Feeling of complete unfulfillment and wondering where to find some?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Aurora Gory Alice, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Anybody else feel this way?

I started to feel like I was getting bits and parts back, you know? Finding ways to feel happy and finding stuff I enjoy, but now - nothing.

I know people say one major characteristic of depression is not being able to find contentment/happiness/fulfillment in anything and that currently could not be more true.

Someone said to me "do the things you that used to make you happy", so I've tried them all - nothing. If anything they made me feel worse and upset and MORE depressed.
    I suppose because truth be told the things that used to make me happy are the same things that fuelled my depression. Drinking, living the sex drugs and rock n roll lifestyle, being with my friends, meeting guys, big nights out, lazing around eating junk food and getting fat... etc. I don't want any of that anymore, but I don't know what else there is because that has been my life for almost the last 10 years.

What is a person to do? :sad:
  2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i no how you feel and i feel the same way :hug:
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Beats me.

I already can't ne happy no matter what, so I've got nothing to really add.
  4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

I feel the same Patsy.

Sometimes I think "who am i???" because i feel i dont know anything about me, i dont know what makes me happy, i dont know what makes me sad, I dont know who im going to be, who i am.

Its a tough one and i dont have the answers sorry hunni. Just keep living one day longer than yesterday and have faith that something, when you least expect it, will land in your path, be it Mr Right, a new way of thinking, a talent you didnt know you had. :)

I have faith in you Patsy, and im your partner in crime so we will get through all the poop in life - together! xxx
  5. Aerial

Aerial Well-Known Member

What's your passion in life? Whatever it is, try to go for it 100%. Maybe try to do something daring and different, something that would take you out of your comfort zone in a good way? I don't know what that could be, but it could help with changing up the scene.

Sometimes life becomes stale even the stuff we do are meaningless to us. I felt that way just a month ago until I got out of the house more and spent some time with a couple of my friends. No miracle took place or anything but I've been feeling better. I still lurk on this board now and then, but I don't feel a need to post as often as I used to because the suicidal feelings aren't there like before. They can always come back but for now, I feel like I can handle better.

I've discussed becoming roommates with my friend. Actually, she's the one who brought it up as an idea. I didn't know what to think about that. I confided in her about many of the things I've been dealing with and she was more understanding than I ever thought she'd be. I still haven't gotten up the courage to admit it all, namely all of the jealous feelings I had about her, but what I've done so far is a good start.

If we can be roommates, my rent and expenses would be halved. That I know and it's an incentive since I don't get freelance work steadily. That would make my life easier and I'd have support rather than being alone all the time. If I do this, I'm thinking this would take me out of my comfort zone in a good way.

Try something like that or whatever comes to mind to shift your focus.
  6. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

yah what she said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

eh do i ever feel like that?

nope i've gotten past that and now have given up on everything

problem solved

no ambition no disappointment

no love no loss

no people no problems

no life no pain *work in progress <_<*

no pressure no stress
Thread Status: