Feeling Overwhelmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
After experimenting with anti-anxiety meds for weeks and having nothing work, I'm having kind of an emotional breakdown. I have pretty severe social anxiety disorder, but lately I've been constantly trying to push myself to be more social. I've been feeling really stressed out and I'm missing college classes and not getting my work done. Lately I've been self injuring and this morning I tried to strangle myself. I don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I've lost my motivation and can't deal with how hard everyone is pushing me.

Most medications can take weeks, sometimes longer, to start actually showing any results. Many times after several weeks or more, it is necessary to change to another, or another again. It's not an exact science in selecting medications as each person's situation is different and where one may work for some, it may not work for others. Has your doctor been keeping you on these long enough to actually evaluate results?

Speedy

Staff Alumni
I am sorry you feel like you are sliding downward and hope something can be worked out with your med situation......thinking kind thoughts for you. :hug:

Auren - I really sympathise with your situation... I feel I've lost my motivation too, I have a ton of college work and just don't know how I'm going to get it all done.
It sounds like you need to talk to someone, even a friend. Go for coffee and a chat?

The medications I was on were giving me bad side-effects. I was only on any particular medication for about a week before I switched to something else.

@Calico & Speedy thanks for your replies. I actually spoke with a friend about how stressed I was feeling and I've kind of been able to put things back into perspective. The counselor I've been seeing has been pushing me too hard on progressing socially and that's been causing my academics to slip. I just need to focus on academics again and not worry so much about being really social.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Maybe tell the counselor they are putting too much pressure on you, and they'll ease up a bit. It would be best to focus on your academics and not worry too much about being social right now, especially if it is stressing you out. I hope you will feel better soon. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00