Feeling physically sick before an attempt

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Jackie's Strength, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

Hi there,

I'm just wondering whether anyone here has had the experience of feeling physically sick before a suicide attempt? I know I have, feeling nauseous and having an upset stomach. I also get dizzy for periods. Then there's that fear of impending doom and the feeling that you can't do anything about what's about to come... those last two are not physical symptoms but oh well I thought I'd add them in anyway. Can anyone relate?

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Well Jackie's Strength I don't feel sick but I do wonder what's next: oblivion or a sort of 'Heaven'; but it will affect different people different ways, so feeling sick will be one of the things some people experience

:hug: :hug:

3. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

yes, that'd be nerves of the so called impending doom and what ifs

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I would believe that's normal for someone who is seriously trying to take their life. Please don't attempt again, we would miss you too much :hug:

5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree with Music, Jackie's Strength

:freehug:

6. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

no, i cannot relate to any ill feelings of any sort before an attempt. i think if you experience those things, then you should count yourself fortunate...your mind and body both are rebelling against the very idea of your life coming to an end. that means you are not meant to go just yet.

i've only experienced the opposite feelings...euphoria, peace, even happiness...right before an attempt. and this i think tells me that death is where it's at for me.

7. I feel so at peace before an attempt but then I start to think about when my parents find me and how they might react. I get so nauseous.

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

everyone reacts differently. I know before my attempts i had the shakes and stomach was tightened as well as some moments when it was all surreal and kind of being light headed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.