feeling really annoyed.... *trigger

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by jameslyons, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

at the guy who molested me. I really hate his guts and hope he dies a slow agonizing death. I can't help but feel those pesky sensational flashback...ever have those? It's gross.

drinking and just going over what that guy did to my life. A bit self pitying i suppose. oh well, i;ll just sober up now.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: James

Yes, I have had those flashbacks also, but I have found a way to deal with them.

My therapist asked me to draw a picture of the abuser then put the picture on a bed or something soft then beat the picture until you get all your anger out of you. It really does help.

Perhaps you should try counseling too? :hug:

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Thanks Lynn, nice suggestion!

Counseling is tough to get in the States. I can see a doctor at a psych ward with the only negative having to be in a psychiatric ward. Or there's the school counselors who are never that helpful. But it's something I'm considering.

Sorry for the delay in my answer - I've been lurking since Tuesday evening.

4. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i go to a therapist. ive been to two consulers and it's not really that though.

Lynn's suggestion is a very good one.

I also have flashbacks of bad things, and what I do is crank up the music and rip papers or something along the lines of that. it really does help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.