Feeling really blue

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpk, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I am feeling really bad today. Have not slept for several days. I have been having these suicidal thoughts for several weeks now. I have no medical insurance so I am unable to get the help I know I need.
    I don't want to end it yet it is tough to think up reasons not too.
  2. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Hi, for someone in the UK it's hard for me to understand how this medical insurance works. It's so sad that you can't get some basic help. No charity organisation exists?

You have us here. We can be a support. I have had many times I have come here suicidal... Even attempted a few times (with great regret now) but thanks to this place I'm still here.

You can make some friends here. Talk and find new ways to cope. A lot of the answers take you to do things though. Depression can make these simple tesks very hard to do. You need to try though.

Simple things like getting dressed, having a bath or shower and tidying up can make changes. Also going outside and maybe doing some light running or walking.
  3. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Medical insurance in the US is a for profit issue. Even basic medical services can bankrupt a person to the point where there is even less hope.
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Having just retired you really should look into the open enrollment- the rates are income based, and though the insurance is far worse and more expensive than it ever used to be , if happen to qualify for income based assistance with premiums will be far cheaper than paying the penalties at year end.

Every county in US also will have county sliding scale mental health services. Call 211 on phone and ask what mental health programs are available in your area for free or low cost/cost share and will be able to get some help. If you need help finding programs feel free to message me and I will help you track down some services in your area to call.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am truly sorry you are feeling so down today, I can sympathize, I hope things get better. I don't know how it works in the USA but I think you can get help. Have you tried helplines? Is talking here helpful? Is your family supportive of you? Please keep talking to us, we are here for peer to peer support. Don't regret posting here, we will not judge you in the slightest :)
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Here if you feel like talking.
  7. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you for the replies. I am in such a cloud right now I don't really know what to do. The only family I have is my wife and step daughter and both have said they are tired of me whining about the situation. To be fair that is probably what it sounds like.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.