Feeling really low.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by FairyChrissy, Apr 8, 2013.

1. FairyChrissy

FairyChrissy New Member

Everything that happens lately just makes me more and more depressed. I have been out with my best friends nearly the whole week and I still had a hard time enjoying myself. I see them only once a week normally so I was really excited when Spring Break came around. Normally they are pretty much the only people who can make me happy.
    I can't stop thinking about my grandma lately who passed away at the beginning Of this year. It just makes me so sad.
    I've started cutting daily, I've been thinking about suicide a lot lately. I can't go a single day without thinking about it.
    Stuff happening in the future doesn't even excite me anymore.
    And I start college in two months and its freaking me out..
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry about your grandma, mine died almost 20 years ago and I still miss her really badly. So I know how you feel there. It's easy to be stressed out about college starting, try not to get too overwhelmed though and take it one day at a time. I'm sure you will do fine there :) Sorry you are having problems with cutting and being suicidal, so am I. So you can talk to me if you need to let things out.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hi there Chrissy,

Losing interest and not feeling able to enjoy yourself is one of the more difficult symptoms of depression to deal with, and one that I know very well. Have you spoken to anybody about the passing of your grandma, whether that be your family, friends or your family doctor. It sounds like you are having a really rough time, have you spoken to anyone about it in general?
  4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your grandma passed away that must of been quite tough on you. do you have someone you call to help you deal with life till your back on your feet its very understandable to feel this depressed.
  5. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

It's normal to feel that way when you suffer from depression. Don't let it overcome you though - there will be days where you feel hopeless, but there will also be days where you forgot about your problems and upsets and it's those moments you need to hold on to. I know college can be a scary thing, but once you start you may find it helps to distract you and focus you on something.

I know what it's like to lose a grandparent - I've lost two of mine, my nanna in January 2012. The pain doesn't go away but it gets easier to cope with. You remember the happy things instead of the pain of loss.

Hang on in there. Come on here and chat with us - we're a friendly bunch :)
  6. FairyChrissy

FairyChrissy New Member

First off, thank you guys for your support. I joined here to get some since I am too scared to ask anyone in person.
    No I haven't spoken to anyone about it. I shut people out for about a month and a half. I really want to get on depression meds so I can hopefully get better.. but I don't even trust my doctor. I'm afraid they will tell my parents, even though they would find out anyway. But I really don't want them to find out about my cutting.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chrissy,you sure are going through a lot right now. Losing someone so close to you is hard, and the grieving process is very tough , just know you are not alone. How come you can't trust your doctor. IF you are over 18 they cannot tell your parents anything. If you are under 18, I would advise that you do seek help anyway, help=support in my books. It's very sad that you're suffering through all this alone, please keep reaching out.
  8. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

coco cola depending on where chrissy is from but i think the age is sixteen when she can make decisions about medical care and parents do not have to be involved.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh, I do apologize, you are correct. I was going by where I live lol..thanks for pointing that out. :)