Feeling scared and desperate

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Autumn Fairy, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Autumn Fairy

Autumn Fairy New Member

Hi. I'm new and just posted in Suicidal thoughts and feelings but my stuff is probably more at home here.

I feel so alone and so defeated by it all at the moment and I don't feel I have anyone to turn to.

I'm a survivor of CSA, rape and DV and I reported my husband in October for rape over a 10 year period. If I'd known how much it would take from me I would never have done it. He's been on police bail ever since and we are now entering the 9th month of complete nothingness and an expectancy for everything else in my life to just carry on. I've been told the evidence is good and the cps are likely to charge him but once that happens it is likely to be 2 years before it gets to trial. I hurt so much and I regret telling them. My life has turned into a goldfish bowl saga and I feel so exposed. I can't see any light at the end of this particular tunnel. I can't cope with another 2 years + of dealing with all this alone. The thought of waking up tomorrow fills me with fear.

2. tireedd

tireedd Member

I'm sorry you have to go through this...

My advice is that you distance yourself from him as much as you can, if you did that already then it's great (I can't tell from your post).

I know that a trial with this kind of person is exhausting, but stay strong, talk to your closest friends about it and you may feel relieved of some of the stress.There sure is a light at the end of the tunnel...I hope there is.You can send me a message if you'd like to talk about it.I wish you good luck.

3. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi I am Mox,

Welcome to SF. We are here to help you any way we can. Do not hesitate to ask for help.

Are there any kids involved ? Or is it just you and him in the house?

Is he threatening you or harming you in some way? If he is document everything in a safe location, you never know when that will come in handy.

I would seriously try to find a relative or a friend to stay with to remove yourself from that toxic environment.

Take Care