feeling sick?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkrider, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

Is it possible to feel physically sick and just, well, 'aching' inside through depression?

Sadness, emptiness, hopelessness etc are usual feelings I have every day. More and more i'm feeling kinda sick when I get really down about something. I've lost my appetite a few times which is unheard of for me in the past.

I don't know what stage i'm at right now. I'm so overwhelmed with everything but completely empty in life.
  2. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe there is a strong correlation between mental and physical health. The mind and body are interconnected.
  3. oxygenidia

oxygenidia Well-Known Member

Yes absolutely. I can feel slightly nauses when something bad has happened to me, like I need to vomit or something.
  4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

A lot of depressed people experience physical symptoms like you described.

Like the depression's not enough to cope with :dry:

How are you coping with it? If you ever want to talk we're here for you.
  5. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

i don't know if i'm pregnant, more depressed, or coming down with something. all are possible. i just hope its not the first!
  6. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

If there's a chance you could be pregnant then you should do a test hun :hug:
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Yes it is a proven fact that you can get physically ill from both depression and anxiety. The first time I went in the hospital I layed in bed for four days with one hell of a migrane headache because of my socialphobia. The only time I would get up was to use the bathroom and then it was right back in bed. On the fifth day I couldn't take it anymore, I hadn't had a cigareete in four days so I got up when it was time to go out side and smoke. After being up for a while I started feeling a little better. It took about another three days for me to feel fairly normal again.
    If you think there is a possibility you might be pregnant you need to get checked. I don't know if your on meds or not but it could possibly harm the baby if you are on the wrong meds.
    anyhow if you are feeling sick you need to let your shrink know or your doctor, who ever you see..Take Care!!~Joseph~
  8. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Depression makes your immune system weaker too, so you will be sick more w/o treatment.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes definitely, I have experienced it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.