Feeling so helpless...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ZasuArt, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

I love SF, but I'm hurting so much for a couple of my friends here who are in crisis right now. And it's breaking my heart to be so helpless to make it better. That is all... just sitting here crying, wishing I could reach through my computer and hug each of them (and all of you) until the pain goes away.

:grouphug: ​
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I know how stressful it can be to see our friends struggling hun please make sure you take care of YOU okay don't let this place overwhelm you All you can do is be here for them if they need someone to talk to hugs
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

If they read this then they will know how good a friend they have in you..All you can do is bethere for them.. Maybe PM them once a week..
  4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Friend and Antiquities Friend Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I do understand what you are saying. There are many people in crisis right now.
    This silly season doesn't help.
    Take care of you first and foremost. There is only so much we can do for our online friends, but one thing we can is take care of ourselves.
    Do something nice for yourself today/night.
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

We are all so limited in what we can do for another, but please do not underrate the value of caring and support...sometimes, it is all someone has, and can make a meaningful difference in how they treat themselves...I also wish I could do more
  6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

((Zasu)) they know already just how very much you care for them. from someone who knows all too well, i say to you maybe you have to ration your time on SF some for now. do what you can online and then offline and be with your life partner and do some stuff for yourself .. tendencies to over do and over try are going to just wear you down and out..

take care of you toooooo.. please
  7. ZasuArt

ZasuArt Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Friends! I'm a natural worrier, and I know that I need to step back from these situations a bit and as Jim mentioned, ration my time so that I don't get completely overwhelmed. As much as I would like to make it better for my struggling SF friends, all I can really do is take care of myself so that I am emotionally available when my support is needed. Thanks again for all the kindness and suport. I'm feeling much better now and my anxiety level is out of the "red zone". Sending hugs and friendship to all of you! ...T :console:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.