Feeling suicidal and don't know how to distract myself.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

Any suggestions?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hey try calling someone to go with you go shopping get out of the space your in. Listen to some of your favorite music a movie that makes you laugh. Call crisis talk to someone there that will listen and get you through until these thoughts go. Talk to anyone a teacher a relative a friend but don't isolate yourself You came here that is good now reach out a bit more hearing a real voice just seems to put things in prospective I hope you can remain strong and continue to reach out okay. Call your GP the hospital anyone take care
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

First thing is to get out of where you are. Go for a walk, a drive but get out. You need to change things so that you can also change your thoughts and urges even if only for a little while.

If you have a friend that you are comfortable with, give them a call. Someone that you know you can relax with. Go for a coffee, or even to walk around a mall. If you need to talk about it, then grab a coffee or a pop and sit and talk.

But above all else, if you feel like you could be in real danger of attempting then please call a crisis center, the police or the ER. Call and talk about exactly where your thoughts are and what you have planned.

Dont try to fight this alone. Keep posting that to can be a distraction. Or go through the forums and read threads that you can relate to. Send random visitor messages to members you've never talked to before. Go to coffehouse(?) there are so many silly things there to distract you. Just please dont sit and let the thoughts take hold. Be strong and please be safe.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

i agree with the above posts. Get out of the place you are in now and change your environment. Go somewhere that you are not alone. Sometimes a change of scenery can stop those thoughts. As itmahanh said, if you feel you are in danger of harming yourself seek help. You have taken one step by posting here. Take the next if need be. Let us know how things are going. we are here. :hug:
  5. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I talked to my sister and went for a walk but I still feel bad :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.