feeling suicidal what next???

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by tom2487, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom2487

tom2487 Banned Member

been in hospital nearly 3 months now feeling suicidal and have still been feeling not much better keep getting thoughts of doing silly things which i cant get out of head,, i just keep feeling as though when i get home that ill <Mod edit, WildCherry: Methods>. anyone else been in this position and not know what to do next.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2010
  2. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

Tom - Were you in the hospital for psychiatric treatment? Do they know how intense your suicidal urges are? Are you on any sort of medication? Please tell us more about yourself and your situation and maybe we can help more.

3. tom2487

tom2487 Banned Member

Hi - yes im currently on escitalopram tablets think its 20mg, they should know how bad these urges are as ive tryed harming myself in hospital by putting something in a mains socket also tryed stabbing myself with a drawing pin. basically ive had suicidal thoughts nearley 9 years on and off really but from september they have been getting bad, nothing seems to have triggered this, ive seen numerous people including consultants

4. deferred dream

deferred dream Well-Known Member

Maybe you should make sure to tell them, directly, in plain words, how intense these urges are. Maybe someone isn't seeing the true critical nature of the situation, or the nurses aren't paying the attention they should be. Please consult your doctor as soon as possible to let him know about the urges and they may be able to try a different medication.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.