Feeling Trapped

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by cren, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cren

cren Well-Known Member

for some reasons i always have a feeling of being trapped.. i always feel like i need to explain myself to everybody.. like nobody understands me.. and that i always tend to worry about petty things.. that i'm never comfortable in any situation ever..i don't even know how to describe it.. i just feel like i can't be who i really am.. like i need to adjust to how everybody expects me to be..

2 people like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I understand the way you feel. Feeling trapped was the way I felt for a long time. It's a horrid feeling. Are you socially hmm whats the word i'm looking for, awkward? im also socially awkward, so i keep to myself these days. Therapy can teach you how you can be yourself, teach you coping mechanisms and what not. You're not alone here, please keep that in mind cren. Try and explain more about how you are feeling and I am really sorry you have hit the point of crisis.

3. cren

cren Well-Known Member

actually, i am socially awkward.. i was never good at talking to people.. mainly the reason why i prefer to just write my feelings here instead of talking to someone i know.. sadly though.. i don't really have anybody i can call a really good friend.. for some reasons, i was never able to establish a real connection with anyone..

i feel so upset now.. weirdly though.. i don't know the reason why i'm upset.. i was actually fine a few hours ago.. i was even looking forward to visiting this forum.. but i just feel down now.. for no apparent reason.. is that even possible.. it's like my mind just decided to be not fine.. and i don't know how to make myself be okay..

4. Petal

I certainly can relate to your feelings. Writing here is so much better than talking in real life, it is easier because there's no physical contact. Of course it is possible to just feel down for no reason. Now...we must move forward, how do you think you can make new friends? Have you any interests or hobbies? That'd be a good start.

I have no real friends that I talk to on a daily basis, my mom is my best friend, she is my rock.

Have a think about things and see what the best course of action is to apply. I think you are like me, just wanna hide away from the world. So easy to do but so easy to get out of. Don't let that happen.

((big hugs))

5. cren

cren Well-Known Member

probably the reason why i never go to a therapist is because i don't like talking to people about serious things.. not even to my parents.. i rarely have serious conversations with them.. especially one that i started.. for some reasons, they don't seem to notice that i'm having some issues emotionally and mentally.. they would even go as far as tell me that i don't get stressed out and that i don't have any problems..

i usually just spend my time trying to escape reality by watching lots of things online.. and joining forums.. or chatting with a friend i met online.. lately though, these are not enough to keep my mind off things..

6. cren

cren Well-Known Member

have you ever felt the urge to just comply on what people expect you to be.. like you don't have a choice but to do it.. not because you want it too but because you just can't find a way to tell them you can't or worse you feel like your opinions never really matter to other people.. that's exactly how i feel about most things in my life.. i feel like i need to do what people want me to do..

2 people like this.
  7. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Feel very sorry for your situation. Don't know what to say. When I read any member's story, I feel like crying. Though my pain and suffering is different from yours or any other member, I can really understand your pain and suffering as I do for any other member of this forum.

8. cren

cren Well-Known Member

well.. you replying is actually enough.. at least i feel like someone really do care.. and do care enough to spare a time to reply to me.. so thanks..

9. James wayne

James wayne Member

Hi , there ...
    I feel u are born to be real not the one pretending to be good so others praise you , one who admires you will never need a explanation by you .

10. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i hope things are really that easy.. i can't wait for the time that i'll never really care about what other people think of me.. it's probably years of being neglected.. that i started to feel that what i really want is not important.. i just feel so small and unimportant..

11. James wayne

James wayne Member

You are important to me pal , you can talk with me whenever you wish i have time for you . things around you isn't the all world for sure .

12. SteveBy

SteveBy Active Member

Cren - I'm sure others have said this, but it's very important to be able to free to be yourself. If you want to be quiet, be quiet. I have found even "confident" people are insecure deep down. Many people have fears and vulnerabilities...most do not admit it and put on a front. Remember, you are outwardly speaking about what many feel inside. There are many who feel socially awkward, me included, so you are far from alone. The trick is connecting with people who are willing to admit they feel like you. This is a good place to find that.

13. Petal

Are you in college or what are you doing? Keeping your mind occupied in a healthy way should be your priority number 1. Yes, joining forums and being online is good but your social interactions will decrease. I spend so much time online I don't know how to respond to people in real life sometimes and it is frustrating and embarrassing, I just wana hide away but i can't. I volunteer which occupies my mind and keep myself healthy with exercise and eating well. I'd be lying if I said I can talk about my emotional thoughts to just anyway. But if you get a therapist and build up confidence in them that might help you a lot, good luck to you!!

14. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i'm already working.. graduated college years ago.. i hate my work so much it practically give me anxiety just thinking about it.. i actually think that i'm more able to express myself online that i already have a hard time interacting with people around me.. i just find it a lot easier.. and as much as i am good at saying things online, i usually stammer when i need to speak to someone i'm not really close to or even those who are, just talking to people in generally makes me nervous.. i have always been an introvert, and i don't really have much friends to begin with.. so my social interactions are very limited.. i know you have repeatedly told me to go see a therapist.. but i still haven't done it yet..

15. Petal

Do it at your own pace. If you are not ready now you still have that option for the future. I have a very limited amount of friends too but I can talk to them, they understand thank goodness, well understand to a certain extent which helps. Do things in your own time, you'll know when you're ready, best of luck to you.

16. cren

cren Well-Known Member

thanks..

i panic a lot and i hate it.. just another thing i'm currently dealing with.. i hate it.. i hate myself..

2 people like this.
  17. cren

cren Well-Known Member

so i'm back to feeling like a total crap.. i feel so down.. i've got tons of things to do.. but i can't seem to concentrate enough to do it.. it's really late at night and i should be sleeping now.. only got a 3 hour sleep last night.. i should try to get some sleep to make up from the lack of sleep and rest.. but for some reasons i don't want to sleep yet.. it's not like i could get anything done.. i just don't know why i refuse to sleep.. i feel helpless for not understanding things like this about myself..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.