Feeling ugly

I feel so ugly and I hate myself. I know that I’m not the ugliest person in this’s world, and i feel so shallow for thinking this but i hate, HATE, being just a random person who looks slightly below average. I wonder what it must be like to have nice hair, to like how you look all the time. I can’t even look at myself in the mirror without feeling disgusted and automatically going to hide the slight double chin I have or wondering what my nose would look like if it wasn’t big and bulbous. I hate this. I wish I was different. I can’t even make myself look good with makeup because my dumb hair ruins it all. WHY. Sorry for this rant, I know I sound selfish and shallow. Just needed to express some thoughts without being judged or told to “shut up and stop fishing”

No one is perfect. Some people are smart, some are handsome, some are charismatic, some are athletic etc... concentrate on the positives. Your depression warps your judgement and we are often our biggest critics. Live. If your hair bothers you that much, shave your head. Really all that matters is the person inside,

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, as cliche as it is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) One person might think you're ugly, another might think a total different story. As a girl myself I am just wondering what is it about your hair that you despise so much?

Hi there, as cliche as it is, beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) One person might think you're ugly, another might think a total different story. As a girl myself I am just wondering what is it about your hair that you despise so much?[/QUOTE
"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"
Hi, thanks for commenting :) I used to have an ED quite a while ago and because of that my hair became thin and frizzy. It is slightly recovered now, but it is still extremely thin, dry, and hard to manage. Even Jaír stylists I’ve gone to have asked me if i straightened my hair too much bc of how thin and damaged and dry it is. Also, I have a twin sister who never had an ED like me and as a result has the healthy, thick, curls that I could have had, and people always compliment her hair. I just feel so ugly and different from everyone else because their hair is so NORMAL and bc of my stupidity I will never have decent hair. So yeah, that’s about it.

MarkahMalady

My hair was totally wrecked! I used henna on it for a couple years and now it's really thick and healthy. It makes your hair super red though, so if you're not into that I wouldn't recommend it. The color is great though, I've gotten a million compliments on it. A bulimic friend of mine recommended it in the first place.
You can fix all kinds of stuff about your appearance if you want! :) I'm sure your impression of your looks is skewed negatively though, try to cut yourself some slack.
Maybe you just need a spa day :) coconut oil your hair, get a mani pedi or a facial. You'll feel like a million bucks.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00