feeling ugly

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by darkrider, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

In the physical sense. I've become obsessed with how i look for so long. I think im getting uglier. I dont know how people take me..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

The closer you look, the more imperfections you are going to find...we are all imperfect, and most of us would change several body features if we could, but alas, we are who we are, warts and all...hope you find some nice things about yourself...maybe things that are not exclusively a part of your physical self...big hugs, J

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

It seems to me, as someone who once felt hideous, that it's best to take pride in your imperfections. All too often we judge people based on our perceptions of beauty--oft times celebrities and what not. But the the funny thing is that most of the celebrities are valued for their use in society (like the roles actors play).

I mean, Al Pacino isn't the most attractive man, but I'd love to look like him. Same thing with Steve Buschemi, John Malkovitch, and Daniel Craig. Mostly because I like their roles. Or Warren Beatty.

You're unique, and it's your personality that makes you attractive to people.

Best,

James.

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Real beauty cannot be measured by the way we look. Most of us don't have the looks that people dream about. Make the most of what you have. Anyone who isn't shallow will be more interested in what you are like as a person.:smile:

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You ARE beautiful!

6. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Heh, I think Al Pacino has one of the best looking faces out there. That's from a man though, don't know if the ladies agree with me.

His problem is being 5'7.

I like most things about my body, except the look of my penis. Even the size is OK, just the way it looks I don't like. Shame that this is what I usually think about rather than my good traits

7. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

None of us on earth is beautiful if not trhough surgeries to correct imperfections. I like people for what they have to offer and their look is the last thing on my mind. If i were to enumerate my imperfections we would be fhere for a long time yet it didnt and still does stop people in finding beauty inme and seeking me so forget the mirror and show what you got inside. That is what we are all looking for. You have beauty so lets show the world.

best of luck
    granny x

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Remember that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Think about it.

9. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Maybe it's something emotional going on.

I do find when I'm falling into a pit of depression/self loathing I feel the same way. It does effect how I see myself.

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I also don't like the look of my penis. When it's erect, it curves slightly and I also wish that it was 2 inches longer, but hey, that's life. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.